Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Director, Commercial Card Managing Underwriter
Do you want to be part of a fast-paced, client-centric and strategically growing business? If so, Capital One Commercial Card National Underwriting wants you to join our talented group!
On the Commercial Card National Underwriting team, you’ll find energized, positive people rolling up their sleeves to deliver value-added solutions, products and services for our clients. At one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
The Director, Commercial Card Managing underwriter will be responsible for overseeing a team evaluating Transactional (Commercial Credit Card) loan applications for new loan facilities, as well as decisioning renewals, increases and decreases in exposure, all in accordance with business unit standards. Additional scope of responsibilities includes performing due diligence and gathering information as necessary to make sound lending decisions. These incumbents will also perform other duties as necessary to support the goals and objectives of the Commercial Centralized Underwriting team and the line of business unit.
- Lead and manage a team of Commercial Card Underwriters
- Mentor and develop the team
- Supervise and oversee quality control
- Interface with executive management
- Analyze all aspects of an applicant’s business to determine credit worthiness and ability to pay under the terms and conditions set forth in the credit approval to minimize default risk and maximize the bank’s profitability. This includes analysis of bank statements, credit card processing statements, tax returns and/or financial statements (balance sheet, income statements, cash flow statements)
- Review and analyze financial statements, tax returns and cash flow statements of Borrowers and Guarantors. Identifies and mitigates risks associated with individual borrower’s credit requests including industry risks
- Decisions credit requests and prepares credit packages for approval within prescribed timeframes to meet business partners and customers expectations
- Understand and employ all policies and procedures of the Bank and the Line of Business.
- Prepare the written credit approval memoranda and ancillary forms for routine credit facilities.
- Performs and verifies compliance with loan policy, AML, KYC and all other applicable regulatory requirements
- Determine the proper risk rating for all facilities within an assigned loan portfolio and complete the required paperwork for any rating changes.
- Remain up-to-date on all bank compliance regulatory policies and procedures and on all pending and proposed regulatory changes affecting bank compliance.
- Assist in developing new strategies to improve customer experience and manage risk in processes related to fraud and severity management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of Commercial or Small Business Underwriting Experience
- At least 3 years of people leadership experience
- A Master’s in Business Administration
- Completion of a certified Credit Training program
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.