Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area. Key Responsibilities
- Develops, aligns and implements commodity strategies.
- Negotiates and manages the maintenance of agreements with suppliers that provide the structure for all business relationships between Applied Materials and the supply base.
- Engages with the PLC process to ensure alignment with the commodity strategies.
- Directs new supplier introduction and/or disengagement requirements to/from the Applied Materials supply base.
- Drives resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery or lead-time, which may include engagement with sub-tiers in the supply chain.
- Develops and presents high level cost reduction opportunities.
- Approves/final authority, delivers and manages Supplier Performance Improvement Plans.
- Drives formal supplier performance reviews.
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.