Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Serves as a strategic advisor and key relationship manager to clients in establishing priorities, achieving business goals, and implementing best-in-class communications and/or marketing strategies. Clients may be internal corporate stakeholders, media or customer facing business leaders. Coordinate strategy and lead, plan and direct the work of a unit whose staff perform communications and/or marketing initiatives by delivering quantifiable results to support corporate priorities.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversees and manages the development and implementation of communication and/or marketing strategies to support the company's products and services. Serves as a day-to-day lead between CoMS group and business area management, providing strategic counsel and implementation support of communications and/or marketing strategies and initiatives. Monitors client satisfaction and proactively addresses any client issues.
- Able to identify, understand and resolve client issues. Thinks creatively and provides strategic solutions. Builds client commitment and engagement around strategy.
- Adds value and creates impact for clients. Establishes a trusted advisor relationship with clients and is considered a strategic partner in achieving partners' business goals and objectives.
- Collaborates both within own group and across divisions to deliver consultative, strategic solutions to clients.
- If managing staff, coaches and mentors subordinates to achieve performance goals that are aligned with division and company goals. Identifies career development opportunities for direct reports. Provides frequent, informal feedback to subordinates to aid in individual career growth and development.
- If managing staff, delegates work effectively. Monitors workload of direct reports to ensure clients' needs are met, team members are appropriately challenged, and resources are maximized to deliver efficient and effective solutions. Plans, documents, and manages the performance of staff managers and/or staff. Provides for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Seeks to understand the direction of the company. Serves as a role model for delivering the company's messages and supporting its vision.
- Plans, documents, and manages the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provides for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Manages budget for area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- Internal and external communications experience.
- Experience with change management and change communications.
- Proven leadership/influencing skills; can influence highest levels of the organization; shapes business outcomes.
- Communications skills; great instincts to guide communications planning, strategy; flawless execution.
- Messaging/writing; excellent news/executive writing skills; great message development.
- Demonstrated ability to drive long-term, enterprise-wide large communications efforts with measurable results.
- Ability to lead, coach, and develop a high-performing team.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.