About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
The Director, Immunology & Inflammation Communications, is a seasoned, confident and strategic business partner who reports to the Senior Director, Rare Disease and Immunology & Inflammation Communications Lead within the Corporate Affairs division at the company. The Candidate is responsible for leading internal and external Communications activities in support of EUCRISA and for driving a positive reputation of the company in the dermatology therapeutic category among key stakeholders to support the company's vision of building category leadership within this therapeutic area. The Candidate is responsible for managing all relevant communications deliverables, programs and events, and for providing general communications support and counsel to select U.S. and global Immunology & Inflammation commercial and commercial development teams. He or She will ensure seamless coordination with region and country communications, working closely with region communications leads. The Candidate is also responsible for managing PR agencies and budget in support of this work. The candidate will work closely with senior leaders and category triads (including Chief Commercial Officer, Chief Development Officer and Chief Scientific Officer) to develop communications strategy and materials to deliver business goals. The candidate will provide overall communications counsel to senior executives on an ongoing basis and collaborate across Corporate Affairs and other enabling functions.
The Director will manage one direct report, Senior Manager, Communications.
• Manages all internal and external Communication plans, including asset and disease state communications in support of business objectives
• Develops appropriate leader communications in support of category leadership strategy and to build/maintain the company reputation within dermatology
• Help oversee the development of category narrative, storytelling and external engagement strategy in this therapeutic area
• Prepares global comprehensive annual Communications and Public Relations programs
• Serves as Communications representative on appropriate business unit and category teams and maintains responsibility for overall asset communications and PR programs
• Leads medical meeting communication strategy and execution
• Develops relevant asset-specific and cross-therapeutic area content to build the company leadership and innovation within dermatology
• Manages day-to-day work of external agencies and tracks progress against pre-determined objectives.
• Effectively manages allocated PR budget and resources in cooperation with Marketing and other internal stakeholders
• Builds strong relationships with Legal, Medical, and Regulatory Affairs partners and Directors of Business Operations for the Category leads
• Builds strong partnerships with Corporate Affairs colleagues, global and regions
• Partners with WRD and GPD communications colleagues as needed
• Practices effective issues management, managing plans, materials and the issues process
• Builds relationships and works with third-party organizations, advocacy groups and key
opinion leaders on educational programs
• In conjunction with Media Relations, coordinates the roll-out of asset information
and materials to country communicators across the company enterprise
• Drafts press releases, Q&A, statements and other written material for use with media, as
• Develops creative, effective internal vehicles and content to keep colleagues fully
informed about and engaged in category strategy; ensure it aligns with broader Immunology & Inflammation strategy
• Contributes to the company Immunology & Inflammation intranet and the company.com site to provide timely information and access to key resources
• Ensures alignment with external communications teams (Media Relations, IR) on all external programs and business issues
• Keeps abreast of market dynamics and external forces that impact brands/category
• Develops and maintains knowledge of communications best practices and adopt for use when appropriate
• Highly skilled in project management
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills
• Ability to develop, implement and measure success of communications plans
• Ability to assimilate strategic information and convert it into clear and concise messages
• Ability to work effectively across functions and levels across highly matrixed organization
• Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects against tight deadlines
• Commitment to excellence in work product and deliverables
• Self-starter, able to work independently as well as with teams
• 10+ years of experience in Communications, Public Relations
• Bachelors degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
• PR Agency experience, strongly preferred
• Experience in healthcare/pharma sector, strongly preferred
• Experience in Marketing a plus
• Experience in developing, managing and implementing high-science communications and public relations plans in a large, matrixed organization a plus
• Experience in building franchise positioning and corporate platforms
• Experience with executive and internal communications
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Some travel required.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.