Direct the overall design, development, communication, and implementation of compensation programs that provide a competitive level of pay, motivation, and reward to Home Depot associates.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develops strategy and tactics to assure that The Home Depot's market position is competitive
- Evaluates competitive trends and assesses The Home Depot's market position
- Designs and develops policy and procedures
- Assures appropriate job evaluation through officer level
- Evaluates effectiveness of existing compensation programs and recommends modifications
- Serves as internal consultant to business partners
- Selects, develops, and motivates assigned staff.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Senior Director of Compensation & HR OPs.
- Direct and indirect reports typically include 2 senior managers, 2 managers and 5 analysts.
- Typically negotiates in a competitive or adversarial environment.
- Typically faces situations that are unstructured and require original approaches.
- Typically considers new courses of action within broad policies and medium-term goals when solving problems.
- Typically determines what should be done in a functional area or business unit within the broad policies and principles or very general goals.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
- Under constant pressure to continuously meet tight deadlines, demanding quotas and/or must regularly deal with difficult situations.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Bachelor's degree required
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 8 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- People Management Skills
- Influencing Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Planning Skills
- Collaboration Skills
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!