At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
Job Location: United States : New York : New York
This position will be part of the Global Compensation and Benefits team within MetLife’s HR organization. We support MetLife’s strategy by enhancing MetLife’s ability to attract, motivate, engage and retain talent through competitive pay opportunities. This role will have a global view and responsibility to lead all processes related to managing and analyzing compensation data to help inform our performance-oriented positioning in each market where we compete for talent.
The Director, Compensation Data & Analytics will play a key role managing processes related to compensation data (including survey participation, benchmarking and analytics) and draw insights from the data to maintain competitive and effective compensation design. The Director will lead a small team that manages the surveys, as well as the accrual of annual incentive awards in partnership with the Accounting team, and provides analysis and modeling to support the year-end global compensation planning process.
- Manage survey vendor relationships, contracts, and MetLife’s participation in compensation surveys, including managing the budget globally.
- Independently perform all elements of benchmark survey cycle including identification of survey matches through uploading survey results to an online system and analyzing outcomes.
- Monitor internal and external compensation data and trends and partner with our regional compensation leads to ensure competitive and effective programs.
- Lead analytics for the year-end compensation process including compensation structure movement, salary increase budgets and summary reporting of compensation recommendations for senior executive review.
- Manage the global accrual process and collaborate with the Accounting/Finance organization as the primary liaison on compensation budgeting and accruals.
- Provide support for on-going compliance and regulatory requirements globally, including incentive compensation policies/procedures and risk assessments.
- Assess improvement opportunities and review reporting capabilities, compensation platforms and processes.
- Lead multiple special projects; build and manage strong relationships within HR and across the enterprise to drive efficiency and progress.
- Lead staff development, including being mentor and coach to junior team members.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related discipline (e.g., business, finance, economics) highly preferred.
- 10 or more years’ experience in multiple areas of compensation, including compensation analytics, design and administration, job evaluation, and pay surveys, in a global corporate or consulting firm environment.
- Global mindset and demonstrated ability to lead and to operate effectively in a highly matrixed environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively, including insightful observations regarding the data.
- Advanced Skills in Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Applications; database skills preferred; report writing skills a plus.
- Proven project management and process re-engineering experience required.
- Analytical yet practical, critical thinker; ability to convey complex topics succinctly.
- Process- and detail-oriented work focus and commitment to accuracy and quality balanced with timeliness.
- Attainment of Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation through WorldatWork preferred.
- Familiarity with a state-of-the-art HR e-solution suite preferable; familiarity with WTW’s Talent|REWARD suite a plus.
- Experience using HR information systems (Oracle Cloud and/or PeopleSoft-based system a plus), and ability to quickly grasp proprietary HR processes and systems; Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) exposure a plus.
Some minimal travel may be required, potentially outside the United States.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 46722
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.