Global Head of Compensation and Benefits, Schneider Electric Software/Aveva (003X0N) Role open to candidates based in: Lake Forest, CA; Houston, TX; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL or Austin, TX
SE Software and AVEVA will form an enlarged Software company by early 2018 and this role will be the first leadership hire within a global COE structure within the HR organisation. The Global COE is responsible for driving a competitive and cost effective Reward Strategy across the group, including the design and delivery of base pay programs, variable pay and recognition programs.
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Directly responsible for the leadership of the strategy, design and administration of the company’s benefit plans and programs including vendor management, wellness and health education initiatives, executive benefits/perquisites, retirement plans, disability programs, time off and work/life balance programs.
The team provides in depth subject matter expertise and guidance to senior leaders in order to help better align reward practices to an ever-changing business environment. Responsibilities include management and definition of policy, education, compliance and consistency by partnering with both internal and external clients. What do you get to do in this position?
- Build strong external and internal communities of knowledge/partnerships to deepen overall business understanding and provide relevant and valued subject matter expertise to our stakeholders
- Project leadership across the spectrum of either Compensation or Benefits discipline
- Define and evolve the group reward strategy in line with our overall HR and business transformation priorities
- Participate in external total reward surveys and networks as required. Anticipate emerging trends in relevant subject matter areas
- Evaluate and manage effectiveness of initiatives, policies and procedures, recommending policy and process revisions which are cost effective and consistent with Reward best practice and HR transformation priorities
- Ensure compliance with state, local and other regulatory laws.
- Lead Reward program education & accreditation for leaders and HR
- Min. Degree level qualification, preferably within HR, Finance or Business-related discipline
- 10 years plus experience within HR of which at least the last 5 should be in the Compensation and Benefits related specialism
- Demonstrated experience with leading edge Reward strategies that drive performance and reduce organization barriers.
- A track record of providing guidance and support to global and cross-cultural organizations on compensation and benefits topics and adding value through the development of creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Proven experience of working on complex projects and successfully implementing change in a M&A context.
- Familiarity with UK listed company rewards practices is an added advantage
- Hands on and able to work on own initiative and anticipate issues, trends and opportunities for improvement and present compelling recommendations for change
- Proven organizational skills, a strong tolerance for ambiguity, detail-oriented with ability to function strategically and tactically under pressure.
- Able to provide sound and balanced views to the business
- Demonstrated partnering and collaborative skills.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such. Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.