Principal Competitive Intelligence Director for PaaS Company & Department Description
Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated cloud and hardware systems, with more than 430,000 customers-including 100 of the Fortune 100-representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe. Oracle's product strategy provides flexibility and choice to our customers across their IT infrastructure. Now, with Sun server, storage, operating-system, and virtualization technology, Oracle is the only vendor able to offer a complete cloud stack in which every layer is integrated to work together. In addition, Oracle's hybrid cloud architecture gives our customers unmatched benefits from industry-leading services, including excellent system availability, scalability, energy efficiency, powerful performance, and low total cost of ownership.
Oracle Competitive Intelligence is a critical enabling component that helps sales to be more effective in competing and winning deals. Competitive Intelligence provides timely, relevant and actionable competitive content and tools as well as sales support against key cloud competitors such as Red Hat OpenShift, Cloud Foundry, Microsoft Azure, AWS, and IBM Bluemix, etc. Position Description
Provides thought leadership and subject matter expertise in PaaS competitive analysis.
This senior level individual contributor will work closely with Oracle sales, product management and product marketing to position Oracle Cloud Platform and related tools against competitors in the PaaS space, including application PaaS, integration PaaS, and bpm PaaS, etc. The position involves deep competitive analysis, content and sales tools creation, sales training, and deal support.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter and a team player. He/she will have a competitive intelligence, product management, technical product marketing &/or sales related background, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong technical knowledge of PaaS technologies, and keen understanding of how Red Hat, IBM, Pivotal, AWS, Microsoft, MuleSoft, and Dell Boomi compete in this space. Position Responsibilities:
- Deep and ongoing competitive research and analysis of competitors' PaaS strategy, with focus on delivery of accurate, timely, unbiased and contextual analysis as a subject matter expert (SME).
- Provide actionable competitive intelligence, sales tools, training, and consultative engagement to serve the needs of the field (cheat sheets, whitepapers, rebuttals, slides, and news flash, etc.) with net-new information, defensible analysis/proof points and positioning of Oracle products and solutions favorably against the competition.
- Ongoing tracking and analysis of key PaaS competitors (including public cloud, private cloud and on-premises), and emerging competitive threats and trends.
- Develop, present and maintain regular sales trainings for global and regional field organizations.
- Provide custom direct deal support CI engagement to sales teams, upon request (some engagements may involve presenting to customers).
- Function as internal consultant to other Oracle organizations such as product management, product marketing and executives to provide insight relative to the competitive landscape, deep SME of competitors (company, business and product level), and advise on take-out campaigns, marketing content, product requirements, etc.
- Work closely with CI peers who are SME's in engineered systems, servers, storage, virtualization, and database/data warehousing, etc. to enhance solution competitive analyses for Oracle relative to other key competitors.
- Help to facilitate a single CI community and single channel to market across all global regions. Educate stakeholders on key information resources available.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of recognized competitive analysis skills focused in the areas of cloud and PaaS, including understanding of customer needs and business goals.
- Experience with application PaaS, integration PaaS, bpm PaaS technologies and others.
- Prior relevant experience in competitive intelligence/analysis will receive strongest consideration. Previous PaaS product sales, industry analyst, product management, or product marketing background strongly preferred.
- Deep knowledge of the competitive landscape is required.
- Ability to analyze PaaS services to a fairly deep technical level such that analysis is useful for pre-sales/sales consultants (not just generalists). Hands on experience testing, using or implementing PaaS, a plus.
- Ability to provide market level or strategic level analysis for senior executives is also important as this role may occasionally require presentation to senior management.
- Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous projects/deliverables to successful completion (i.e., in a quality and timely manner) is a key requirement.
- Strong interpersonal skills / excellent writing and analysis skills / strong verbal communication
- Analytical and a strategic thinker / energetic and enthusiastic / self-starter and team player.
- Proven ability to work with Sales, Product Management/Marketing, and present to Executives.
- Deep insight into real-world customer issues, either through previous experience implementing or planning real-world customer data center solutions (from either the vendor or customer side), as an industry analyst, or by presenting solutions at customer briefings, a strong plus.
- BA/BS degree in business, technology or research is minimally required. Master's degree is preferred, but demonstrated experience can be substituted.
Willing to consider candidates based anywhere in US; will work remotely from home office. Prefer candidates based in San Francisco Bay area. Travel Component:
Minimal (less than 25%)
To effectively fill this role, the preferred candidate may travel up to 25%.
As part of Oracle's U.S. employment process, candidates will be required to complete a background check prior to an offer being extended. These background checks include: Prior Employment Verification / Education Verification / Social Security Trace / Criminal Background Check / Motor Vehicles Records (where required for p Contact
Senior Oracle Recruiter
Call me before 6pm CDT at 832-455-3974Qualifications:
Development and implementation of business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for a product/service or vertical market.
As a product analyst you will participate in every stage of the product life cycle to ensure product meets the needs of users. Drive the implementation of programs in support of the marketing strategy, business plans, and forecasts for assigned product lines. Maintains current status of customer specifications for existing and future products. Identify, evaluate, and recommend marketing opportunities in support of product line objectives. Drive product functionality delivering high quality product documentation. Lead products through scheduled release assisting others to manage commitments and resources. Measure and report progress and review deliverables.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Ability to work with Executives. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Creative, energetic, and enthusiastic. Team player. Experience using or implementing Oracle, SAP, or Peoplesoft applications. Basic HTML and web technology skills a plus. 8 years technology/industry experience and BA/BS/MBA degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.