Join Us! Fiserv has been named to FORTUNE® magazine’s 2017 list of World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the fourth consecutive year the company has been named to the list, which is a definitive benchmark of corporate reputation.
"Our people are the foundation upon which this recognition is based and I'm very proud of their commitment to client excellence. Their dedication to serving our clients each day is what makes Fiserv one of the most admired companies in the world."
- Jeffery Yabuki, President and Chief Executive Officer
This position will perform a critical role to ensure that Fiserv’s regulated money services businesses comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and requires a broad understanding of state money transmitter statutes and implementing regulations, The Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”), regulations administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control ("OFAC"), Regulation E, The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (“GLBA”), and other applicable laws, rules and regulations, including those related to consumer compliance. This position will interface and coordinate extensively with the Risk organization in ensuring appropriate design, monitoring and administration of the business unit’s compliance management system.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of the compliance program with respect to Fiserv’s regulated money services businesses in its Biller Solutions and Electronic Payments divisions.
- Monitor established compliance processes and controls to ensure they are effective and comply with applicable rules, regulations, and laws; recommend and implement enhancements as appropriate.
- Responsible for managing and mitigating regulatory and reputation risks associated with the handling of compliance issues in the regulated money services businesses.
- Provide authoritative and consultative advice and support to management and employees on matters related to business’ needs, including proactively anticipating and coordinating technological needs based on regulatory changes.
- Work with all levels of Fiserv management to ensure that appropriate regulatory processes and controls are established and documented within their areas of responsibility.
- Assist management of regulated money services businesses with identifying and resolving regulatory issues both within the business unit and across multiple business units.
- Assist regulators, auditors and business unit management with regulatory exams and inquiries related to the regulated money services businesses.
- Assist in the evaluation of audit findings and enable and monitor the successful and timely development and implementation of corrective actions and needed responses.
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and keep abreast of proposed and existing legislation and regulatory rulemaking related to operations of Fiserv’s products and proactively manage regulatory developments and changes with impacted businesses.
- Assist with the management and functioning of the CheckFreePay board of directors.
- Manage a compliance team to achieve compliant outcomes.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Undergraduate degree required
- Seven or more years of compliance experience in the banking regulatory / money transmission or financial services industry is required, specifically including the federal Bank Secrecy Act, state money transmission laws, or both.
- In-house experience at a consumer-facing payments company or financial institution, or regulatory experience with a federal banking regulator or state money transmission regulator is preferred.
- Experience interacting with senior management preferred.
- Detail oriented
- Process focused, with high quality standards
- Excellent time management, communications, decision making, presentation, human relations, and organizational skills
- Strategic thinking, analytical and client-focused perspective
- Strong problem solving and resolution skills
- Work well under pressure and under strict deadlines
- Management experience
- Ability to collaborate across businesses and functions and create support; influence wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to travel periodically