Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for directing all Construction activities in support of new plant construction, rebuilding, and existing plant upgrades. Works with Construction Managers to provide direction and guidance necessary to develop budgets for and allocate appropriate funds for new builds, rebuilds, upgrades and other construction efforts. Responsible for Design, Construction, Fiber Construction, Planned and Emergency Restoration, Utility Relations, and Project Management.
Primary Responsibilities: Custom content you provide
- Establishes and maintains recommended construction standards and practices.
- Oversees work activities of installation, site survey, trouble call and construction coordination of commercial customers.
- Aligns performance metrics to support the achievement of business, department, and team goals. Works closely with division and region staff to ensure consistency and accuracy in reporting, measuring, and monitoring new build and commercial opportunities.
- Negotiates pricing; executes and manages the On-Target/Dig-Safe contracts to guarantee the most fluid network underground plant protection operating procedures and the best financial pricing for each region within the division.
- Works closely with Corporate/Legal to ensure that all contractors/vendors meet all Company guidelines for Certificate of Insurances and Company Master Agreements.
- Leads and directs the Division Design Center team. Ensures accuracy of all plant design.
- Directs/Oversees all projects within the region.
- Works with commercial lead to develop and execute overall strategies that will support both residential and commercial initiatives.
- Practices and ensures Company safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer