About the company
All over the world, the company colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at the company touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, the company is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
the company Consulting & Execution (PCE) Director will be responsible for leading and delivering on global and US regional operational management consulting projects of varying complexity and scope. Depending on the project the colleague will provide project and program management, leadership to project teams, and thought partnership with regional leadership. Typical projects include leading business transformation, designing and implementing new operating models and governance, building new capabilities, increasing business efficiency efforts, and leading program management efforts for global projects. The colleague will need to develop strong relationships with senior leaders across the organization and work across leadership to prioritize projects to maximize impact. The colleague will also be managing project teams composed of both internal colleagues and external contractors. The PCE Director will need to be highly proactive, work collaboratively with other groups, have strong attention to detail along with written, verbal and listening skills, presentation skills, teaming, facilitation and relationship building skills. In addition, the PCE Director will be responsible for developing PCE talent while on projects.
The PCE Director uses management consulting skills, business knowledge, processes redesign skills, change management, and continuous improvement methodologies, measurements, and tools to analyze issues, drive alignment and achieve operational improvement solutions for the business units. Typical projects include transformations such as restructuring components of the business, developing and implementing new operating models and governance, improving business processes, building new capabilities, etc.
Projects may be global or regional in nature and often involve multiple divisions and/or BU's at the company. The PCE Director provides project and program management leadership and is a critical partner with the sponsor of any project.
*Travel dependent on current projects.
• Bachelor's degree required; MA/MS/MBA degree or other advanced degree preferred
• 5+ years management consulting experience, preferably from a management consulting firm
• 5+ years in-house experience at a pharmaceutical/biopharm/biotech firm, preferred
• Demonstrated experience in managing projects teams, programs, or workstreams of varying levels of complexity
• Extensive experience with aligning stakeholders, facilitating conflict, and communicating information in a way that enables leaders to have transparency on the underlying issues and potential solutions in varying settings including workshops, small group sessions or one-on-one meetings
• Commercial experience (sales, marketing, commercial operations, etc.) preferred
• Able to interact and partner with executives with comfort and ease
• Acts independently on self-managed projects
• Exercises foresight and judgment in making complex decisions
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence others in spoken and written English
Technical Skills Required
• Experience with operations management consulting methodologies and frameworks
• Experience with change management methodologies, organizational design, business process reengineering, various operating and business models
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
• Fluent with technology solutions to manage projects, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Sharepoint)
• Intermediate understanding of corporate finance
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.