Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Are you a dynamic individual interested in M&A, investments, corporate strategy and operations? Do you want to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world and be based in the Bay Area? Then this Director position at Splunk is for you!
We are hiring a Director to join Splunk's Corporate Development team. Splunk's Corporate Development team is responsible for driving inorganic growth at Splunk through M&A, investments and inbound OEM licensing. The team collaborates closely with senior Splunk leaders across all functional areas as well as external executives, investors and advisors.
As a Corporate Development Director, you will be involved in the full transaction lifecycle from strategy formulation and target identification through execution and integration. This requires you to maintain deep knowledge of Splunk's markets and relevant companies within those markets, identify opportunities for inorganic growth and provide recommendations to Splunk leaders. You will also quarterback the M&A investment inbound OEM process, lead due diligence, build financial models, define integration plans and lead integration efforts with cross-functional teams. You will have significant visibility within Splunk and have opportunities for increased responsibility as our team grows.
Given the multi-dimensional nature of the role, we are seeking someone who has a combination of strong quantitative skills, project management skills, communication skills and a drive to continuously learn.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!*
- Research adjacent markets, monitor competitors and identify key trends impacting Splunk
- Partner with Splunk leaders on strategy development and build buy partner decisions
- Identify and evaluate M&A investment inbound OEM opportunities
- Play significant role in M&A investment inbound OEM execution including structuring, negotiations, due diligence, financial modeling, integration and project management
- Prepare presentations for Splunk leaders that balance detailed analysis with crisp conclusions
- Operationalize Corp Dev processes to help Splunk scale
- Support existing portfolio of acquisitions, investments and inbound OEMs
- Develop network of industry contacts, venture capital investors and investment bankers
Requirements : I've already done that or have that!*
- Record of achievement in quantitative activities
- High aptitude to learn quickly
- Thrives under pressure with appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to juggle, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated to take ownership of projects and solve problems creatively
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively across all levels
- Sound judgement used to navigate complex scenarios
- Experience managing team members below and above
- Knowledge of enterprise software industry and personal interest in data-driven technologies
- Position is based in San Francisco or San Jose
Education & Experience: Got it!
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience, with at least 2 years in investment banking and ideally 4+ years in Corp Dev or investing within the technology industry
- Bachelors or foreign equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.