Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Business Strategy
Level of Experience: Experienced - Manager
Requisition #: R1010276
The Business Entity
Cisco Investments & Corporate Development is the strategy, venture investment and M&A team within Cisco Systems. Its charter is to define corporate strategy 1-3 years out and accelerate company growth through venture investments and acquisitions. We make VC investments, acquire companies, and advise our executives on the most important strategic decisions for growth and innovation.
As one of the most active corporate venture investment and corporate development teams, this group actively manages a venture investment portfolio of over $2B and has led over 175 acquisitions. The small team is a strong mix of technology, strategy, and transactional expertise. This individual will join a team focused on cloud, infrastructure software, and big data. They will work closely with Cisco product teams in the cloud and software business units as well as cross-functional leaders across the company.
Role & Responsibilities
The Corporate Development Sr. Manager is responsible for leading acquisitions and investments for Cisco as well as guiding the strategy underlying these projects. This individual will work closely with Cisco product teams in the cloud and software business units as well as cross-functional leaders across the company.
• Source investment and acquisition opportunities in relevant areas
• Develop market landscapes and overviews of startups and incumbent players and understand internal initiatives
• Understand market and technology trends and serve as a good partner to business unit teams
• Analyze investment and acquisition opportunities and identify key drivers and commercial assumptions
• Financially model various structures and expected returns
• Prepare and present investment and acquisition cases for review by key stakeholders
• Leading due diligence on investment and acquisition opportunities
• Structure and negotiate transactions
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the technology industry with relevant experience in software, cloud, and/or big data markets
• Familiarity with a deal-oriented process and environment, along with some experience in product management, marketing, or engineering
• Strong communication skills to work with senior executives across various business units and global theaters
• Structured thinker with analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial transactions with minimal supervision
• MBA from a top school preferred, along with an undergraduate degree in a quantitative field
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Job Type: Manager
Opportunity Category: *None
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.