Intuit is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers, financial institutions and accounting professionals. You probably know us by our flagship products, QuickBooks, TurboTax and Mint, but that's just the start. We're taking on exciting challenges, such as SaaS and mobile apps. Over 50 million users and seven million small businesses depend on Intuit because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology.
Come join Intuit as part of the Corporate Strategy & Development team as a Director responsible for managing strategy engagements across the company.
About Corporate Strategy and Development:
Intuit's Corporate Strategy & Development team works on highly visible, direction-setting strategy and acquisition initiatives at the corporate level and across all of Intuit's businesses. The team is focused on identifying, evaluating and executing on opportunities to drive growth and/or operational excellence. The work often mirrors the work at top strategy consulting firms and investment banks, but with an emphasis on driving impact in close collaboration with product and business leaders. The role offers significant exposure to senior leaders across the company as well as greater responsibility and career progression than often found in professional services.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Strategy, the Director develops business recommendations that will have a substantive impact on Intuit's top and bottom line. The individual leads teams that consist of CS&D Principals and Managers with resources from Intuit's business unit partners/clients. Engagements focus on a range of topics, including customer discovery and customer data analysis, economic and financial analysis, as well as market and competitor analysis. It is essential that the individual selected for this position be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels, and be viewed as a team player. As the CS&D team is viewed as a source of leaders within Intuit, the individual will have exceptional leadership abilities and potential.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading and developing a high caliber team of Principals and Managers, most of whom are former management consultants
- Structuring work plans and project scope to deliver business impact on high priority issues
- Managing combined direct and virtual teams in the execution of that plan
- Presenting recommendations and leading discussions with all levels of management including C-level executives
- Understanding and staying current with the competitive landscape
- Providing thought leadership and ad-hoc strategic advisory to leaders across the company
- Building the Corporate Strategy & Development team's brand within Intuit
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for Corporate Strategy to accelerate achievement of business unit strategic goals
- Proactively identifying direction-changing moves for Intuit and building a case for them
- Ensures that their teams, and cross-organizational teams have clear understanding of True North
- Assesses, builds, coaches and sustains teams to ensure their capacity to focus, accomplish results & function effectively
- Recognizes and develops great leaders
- Diagnoses, understands and facilitates team and organization dynamics (including between organizations)
- Mentors employees beyond their team
- Consistently conducts leadership team and skip level reviews for a comprehensive understanding of VOE
- Uses multiple channels to gather feedback, including individual, 360 and employee survey. Self-assesses, and personally learns and grows in the process
- Behaves as an owner of the business
- Assesses the long and short to allocate people resources against the top priorities. Makes tough trade-offs for the allocation of $ and people
- Frames and drives complex, cross-organizational decisions
- Takes the short and long term cause and effect relationships of decision outcomes into account in making decisions. Ensures decisions balance the needs of Intuit's three key stakeholders
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Principal, Company-wide Transformation Programs See More…
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.