What You'll Do
The Corporate Strategy Director is responsible for leading projects focused on key strategic initiatives for the company. The Director will work closely with Cisco business units and cross-functional leadership to develop and execute strategies that drive opportunities in Cisco businesses Who You'll Work With
The Corporate Strategy team at Cisco reports to the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) who is part of Cisco's Executive Leadership Team. The CSO's charter includes the ongoing development and coordination of Cisco's corporate strategy and its growth strategy through business development activities including acquisitions, equity investment, and the incubation of innovative technologies. The Corporate Strategy team partners with business leaders to shape and drive Cisco's strategy for innovation, growth, profitability and market leadership. Who You Are Role & Responsibilities
Reporting Directly to VP Corporate Strategy, this Director role will play a leadership role in identifying and executing key strategic priorities informed by the key pain points and opportunities the Digital transition we see across all industries. Translating these trends into implications for Cisco, with respect to how we need to enhance and evolve our products and capabilities is a key success criteria for this role.
Projects include formulation of long-term strategic priorities and plans, analysis and recommendation related to emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities, competitive dynamics, and internal business performance improvement. In this role, you will work on highly complex problems, gain insight into the strategic issues which are forefront in the minds of the executive leadership team, exposure to senior-level decision making and the opportunity to establish relationships with people across the entire organization. This role will directly report to the Head of Corporate Strategy and be based out of Cisco's headquarters in San Jose, California.
The Minimum Qualifications for this Role are;
- The candidate must excel in all areas of strategy development, including project management, business analysis, problem solving, executive communication, consensus building, and people development.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to become future leaders and be successful in an unstructured, team oriented environment.
- As part of the Corporate Strategy leadership team, this candidate will play a key role in establishing and nurturing a high-performance culture and developing talent within the team.
The Desired Skills are;
- Top-tier MBA
- Min 6-8 years' experience post MBA in top-tier consulting firm, corporate strategy / financial services field with strong exposure to technology industry (preferable)
- Combined with industry experience in driving key strategic priorities influencing C-level stakeholders
- Strong leadership and communication skills to work with senior executives across various geographies
- Strong people development and influencing skills; able to build and drive extended and virtual teams
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision
- Functional experience in technology industry pre/post Consulting highly desired
- Good understanding of key technology and business model changes happening inside large enterprises as part of the Digital transition that is happening
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.