Grand Strand Medical Center is a 301-bed acute care hospital serving residents of Horry and surrounding counties. Our hospital offers the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) in Horry and Georgetown counties and is a designated Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center by South Carolina DHEC.
Grand Strand Medical Center is recognized by the Joint Commission, a leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in the United States, for the following programs: chest pain, knee and hip replacement, sepsis and stroke. In addition, we have received awards from the American Heart Association for our treatment of heart attacks and stroke.
We are searching for a new Director of Critical Care, responsible for full, 24/7 oversight of approximately 60 FTE's and our two 8 bed medical ICUs, as well as our 8 bed neuroscience ICU (total of 24 ICU beds). The position is supported by a clinical coordinator for each unit (total of three) and a shared educator and the population served is mainly medical cardiac, respiratory failure, septic shock, and for the NSICU, stroke, cranial bleeds, and post neuro interventional radiology.
- Direct responsibility for all clinical functions in the department insuring that employees have effective management, good communication and appropriate discipline.
- Coordination of Unit Supervisors and/or Educators to ensure they fulfill their responsibilities as front-line supervisors.
- Responsible on a 24-hour basis for the coordination of patient care, administrative and nursing activities.
- Continual evaluation of the quality of care rendered to patients.
- Assisting the CNO in the creation of the budget and the day to day operations of the unit to function within that budget.
- Working with the staff, physicians and administration on a continual basis for all quality issues and the selection and request of capital budget items.
- Ensuring yearly performance evaluations of staff are completed appropriately and timely.
- Adherence to budget goals for staffing and expenses.
- Managing overtime hours effectively and adhering to labor management plan using PLUS system.
- Maintaining employee satisfaction survey participation rates and scores at or above the corporate mean.
- Functioning as part of the Critical Care Team in collaboration with the directors from the other critical care departments.
A. Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current licensure in the State of South Carolina as a Registered Nurse; BLS - Healthcare provider.
B. Education: Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing. BSN required, MSN preferred. Current BLS required.
C. Experience: Minimum of three years recent Critical Care nursing practice, with at least two years of experience in a nursing leadership position required. Physically and mentally capable to satisfy job requirements.
D. Special qualifications: Effective communication skills; both orally and written, with flexible interpersonal skills to facilitate the exchange of information within all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively read, write and speak fluent English. Computer skills needed. Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem solving skills. Creative and innovative skills in personnel management and ability to facilitate growth and development of department and staff.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom