What we're looking for
As a Director of CRM Strategy,
you will be responsible for leading the integrated CRM strategy for email, messaging and in-game communications for Activision's portfolio of titles. You'll develop and execute consumer acquisition, engagement and retention initiatives, while continuing to evolve our approach to one-to-one engagement at scale. What you'll do
What you'll bring
- Develop a content strategy that drives personalization of marketing efforts across CRM channels. Monitor campaign performance on an ongoing basis and optimize rules to maximize effectiveness.
- Design and oversee 1:1 player messaging across CRM channels, including email, messaging and in-game communications.
- Create an omni-channel experience, while managing email, messaging & in-game communications
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Engagement (Loyalty) Program
- Evolve email marketing to a more personalized channel, engaging players around key behaviors, across the lifecycle
- Pilot and roll-out engagement initiatives for SMS and Messenger
- Create an always-on experimentation culture, optimizing audience profiles for more relevant creative
- Work with marketing and analytics peers to define key objectives, develop marketing strategy, and lead campaign development. Work closely with game development studios to gain alignment on the defined CRM marketing strategy
- Manage and work with vendors to develop content CRM communications and QA content prior to pushing campaigns into production.
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders regarding CRM product development, campaigns and results
- Partner with studio and Activision stakeholders to develop and integrate CRM strategies into marketing programs.
- Support CRM team in the creative development and support of other outbound CRM campaigns as needed.
What you'll bring:
What you've done
- 7 years of CRM/digital marketing experience in CPG, technology, entertainment or related fields with a focus on data-driven, personalized marketing content.
- Hands-on experience with digital marketing at scale: across multiple brands or across a broad functional scope with millions of customers/subscribers. Product management experience of the front page or checkout path of a major eCommerce site is a plus
- Expert in nurturing relationships, reducing churn, improving engagement, and monetization with 1:1 communications
- Proven experience across channels areas including email, CRM, SMS, social and push messaging
- Proven ability to use segmentation and behavioral data to personalize and optimize each players experience
- Proven success developing reengagement and winback strategies
- Experience building and/or running loyalty and/or membership programs
- Analytical thinker with a depth of knowledge in digital analytics, campaign tracking and ROI metrics. Evaluation of metrics to influence strategic marketing decisions
- Experience using Campaign management tools and ESP providers to execute campaigns.
- Understanding of data privacy and governance policies.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to be self-directed and work independently, and demonstrated ability overcoming obstacles to deliver on deadline is a must.
- Interest in measurement and aptitude with numbers is required.
- Led CRM, digital marketing or performance marketing team with proven results
- Experience with developing and managing personalization and targeting of content at scale.
- Gaming experience a plus but not required. However, a strong willingness to learn our products (and therefore our customers) is required. It's games. You know you'll have fun.
- Experience developing CRM programs optimized for mobile.
- Experience in start-up or new product development environments is a plus.
- Localization across global audiences is a plus.
- Experience using JIRA or other ticketing system is a plus.
Who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they'll tell you it's the people. We have a rigorous hiring process and a rigorous talent planning process. Our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness.
So if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people. As a company, we have world class brands, infrastructure and resources. But we are nothing without the brilliance of our talented employees. What are you waiting for
For more details and to apply for this position, visit us at www.activision.com/careers
For creative roles please include a portfolio or link to your work
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicant will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. What we do
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision Blizzard is a global interactive entertainment software leader and the world's largest independent video game publisher.
The company's product portfolio includes Activision's Call of Duty ® , Skylanders™ and Destiny franchises, as well as Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®,
StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises.
Activision Blizzard is the parent company of Activision Publishing, Inc. and Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and provides corporate shared services such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales, for both companies.
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.