Do you have a passion for customer experience? Do you have a deep understanding of moments that matter to customers and the impact they have on the holistic experience? Are you an expert story teller with the ability to create high quality visual artifacts and communications? This is the opportunity you have been looking for to drive customer centric practices across the organization that ensure the delivery of superior experiences.
About this Opportunity:
As the Director of Customer Experience, you'll be working with the Customer Experience team to bring customer experience practices to life across all of our diverse businesses. In this newly created customer focused role, you will explore opportunities to recommend, design and launch new, loyalty-inspiring experiences. You will have the opportunity to create a significant presence in the organization - while generating enthusiasm and support for delivering on customer value as part of our mission statement. The Customer Experience team is establishing new operating routines to ensure that customer insights are woven into the fabric of who we are and what we do across the organization. The team will design and implement voice of customer programs, establish processes to apply and act on insights, and design new customer experiences across the organization that consistently exceed our customers' expectations. You'll work across The Hartford to support the management of cross functional customer programs; leverage customer insights to steer the development of concrete action plans which drive experience improvements; lead internal communication and cultural change programs to foster employee engagement and customer-focused attitudes and behaviors.
Responsibilities: As the Director, Customer Experience you will:
• Supporting the development, implementation and management of a customer experience governance blueprint which includes mechanisms that enable cross-functional decision making, connectivity to new and ongoing initiatives and enterprise customer experience objectives.
• Ideating, proposing and driving new customer experience initiatives.
• Establishing activities standards for critical touch points to assure positive customer experience is delivered and are moving toward the desired, differentiated experience.
• Providing input on existing and future initiatives and associated deliverables to ensure alignment with desired customer experience.
• Maintaining engagement with and providing coaching/support to stakeholders to sustain initiative(s).
• Developing and maintaining a customer experience initiative road map that will serve as the portfolio of actions the organization is taking to deliver on our customer experience vision.
• Tracking and measuring progress of customer experience initiatives; reporting outcomes to key stakeholders.
• Providing learning from both successes and opportunities for improvement; sharing learnings within Customer Experience Team and across the company for application to other work.
• Minimum 6 years relevant leadership experience in customer experience, marketing, strategy, ux, process improvement, research, psychology or design preferred
• Ability to build collaborative relationships across roles and functions to identify, prioritize and action meaningful customer experience improvement opportunities.
• Practical problem solver that is experienced using customer experience management tools to identify practical paths to improving customer experiences.
• Goal oriented and results focused - able to design and execute a plan that delivers measurable results
• Strong project management skills and execution orientation to keep projects and teams focused on improvement tasks and deliverables.
• Ability to translate VoC insights and other metrics such as satisfaction, loyalty and other research into practical and prioritized changes to improve scores.
• Demonstrated ability to persuade, negotiate with and influence others to drive change and achieve desired outcomes required.
• Bachelor's Degree required •
Behaviors at the Hartford:
• Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD