Description Director of Customer Insights, Innovation Practices
People who work for themselves fuel our global economy. In the US, small businesses employ 60% of the workforce and create 80% of new jobs. Just look around-they're everywhere. But the odds are stacked against them. One of two fails in the first five years, two of three in the first ten years. At Intuit, our mission is to power their prosperity.
We're the Innovation Practices team, and our charter is to fuel innovation and define the next chapter of Intuit QuickBooks. We're a high-performing bunch of researchers, designers, and creatives. As a central team, our work covers global customer and competitive insights, design strategy, and creative storytelling for internal and external experiences. We love all forms of diversity, especially non-traditional paths into this profession. (Some of our backgrounds include philosophy, law enforcement and professional baseball!)
The customer insights group tackles market, competitive research and design research, and it's growing quickly. We need a seasoned research leader to lead this team in Mountain View and grow it across global offices like the UK, Canada, and Australia. This role will report directly to the VP of Design, Innovation Practices and dotted-line report to the VP of Strategic Planning in Marketing. What you'll do
- Champion our customers and put them at the center of everything the organization does.
- Identify research needs, prioritize across global teams, and resource them to succeed.
- Manage the expectations of senior leaders, as well as of stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Get in the kitchen with your team and use insights to build awesome experiences.
- Bring customer insights to life through data and exceptional storytelling.
- Divide your focus among marketing and product research.
- Coach and grow a team of 15-20 people distributed across the US, UK, AUS, CAN. (Frequent travel isn't a must.)
- Hire 8-10 researchers to maintain a high bar for research excellence.
- Build innovation capabilities throughout the organization, especially how to obsess about customers and use insights effectively.
Qualifications What you bring to the table
- Ideally, more than 10 years of experience with market and design research with a mix of qualitative, quantitative and consumer segmentation approaches.
- Demonstrated experience with CPG and design research methodologies
- Experience leading and coaching a team of 10-20 researchers. Even better if you've led a unified research house-qual and quant, market and design.
- A knack for helping teams get to compelling insights and using those insights to influence product or marketing strategy.
- A rigorous, data-driven mindset that you bring to bear on qual research, competitive analysis, and analytics.
- A genius for collaborating across, managing expectations up, and coaching down.
- A systemic leader who can look across the organization to connect the dots and prioritize the top research questions for the org to tackle
How you work
- An obsession with customer-driven innovation and teaching others how to be more customer obsessed.
- You think end-to-end and see connections across projects and teams.
- You're a data nerd at heart, but deeply versed in qual and competitive methods.
- You're a coach more than a manager, and you're invested in growing talent.
- You have a growth mindset, and you're committed to a learn-teach-learn style of leadership.
- You aren't afraid to challenge convention with data and insights.
- You're strategic, humble, curious, and driven to be part of a high-performing team.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Digital Designer Senior Interaction Designer Content Strategist Design Operations Leader Design Technologist See More…
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.