Director Customer Strategy-Dynamics 365 Operations
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: January 04, 2018
Reference ID: 1072866
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud solutions and services. To help drive this effort, Microsoft is investing in the creation of Customer Success team that will play a key role in helping Microsoft customers achieve this digital transformation through successful adoption of Microsoft Cloud solutions.
Dynamics 365 is the “tip of the spear” to bring the value of Microsoft solutions to our customers. The newly created Customer Success HQ team will drive business usage of Dynamics 365 workloads and help customers realize business value from their investments by supporting the Customer Success field teams with programmatic and scalable assets.
We are looking for an experienced strategy leader who will be responsible for designing a consistent, measurable and scalable framework that enables customers to realize the value from their investments in Dynamics 365 Operations workloads (Finance & Operations, Retail, Talent)
The Dynamics 365 Operations Customer Strategy lead will own the definition of the Dynamics 365 Operations customer journey specifically focused on driving usage and business outcomes for the customer post-sales. He/she will document the customer decision making processes that drive adoption, assess gaps in offerings, processes, data, and develop guidance and strategies aimed at growing usage of Dynamics 365 Operations workloads. The Customer Success Strategy Lead will develop the ideal customer experience for Dynamics 365 Operations, and collaborate with Customers, partners, and multiple internal stakeholders (e.g. engineering, operations, marketing, services, etc) to implement it.
Overall role responsibilities include:
• Develop the current state customer journey maps for the Dynamics 365 Operations workloads, in close partnerships with customers and partners. Document current state and envision the future/ideal state for enterprise, medium and small business customers.
• Design the optimate customer engagement model for Dynamics 365 for Operations Customer Success Managers (CSMs), targeted towards driving business outcomes for customers.
• Assess and syndicate gaps between current and future state across product processes, programs, and offerings. Propose innovative and cost-effective resolutions to address such gaps.
• Develop detailed field guidance based on sound data analysis, and support the field as needed on customer workshops.
• Support the Scale Lead to scale out processes and content for the non-CSM managed accounts through partners and digital motions.
• Develop a measurable approach to evolve the Dynamics 365 for Operations customer value journey focused on driving product stickiness, working closely with the BG and Engineering teams.
• Develop a framework for rapid testing of hypothesis to be executed in both enterprise and SMC segments via field resources, inside sales, partners or services.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications;
• Minimum of 10 years of experience across sales, consulting, strategy and/or product management.
• 3 years customer facing or product management experience in or ERP/CRM.
• Significant experience in development and execution of Customer Success processes and Customer Journeys.
• Proven knowledge in developing process definitions, maps and KPI development.
• Proven experience in driving results in a matrix/multi-stakeholder environment.
• Strong analytical skills, able to distill key insights from incomplete data.
• Strong, confident executive communication (written and oral), and ability to influence senior level stakeholders without authority.
• Strategic thinker, combined with strong ability to execute x-org and drive for results in ambiguous environment.
• MBA is strongly desired.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.