Are you someone with a passion for data, analytics, insights and technology? Do you want to be part of a team developing actionable insights to help the organization make impactful business decisions? If you excel in blending quantitative analysis with strategy development and want to influence the future of the Office business at Microsoft, then this position is for you.
The Office Insights, Data Engineering and Analytics Team is looking for a passionate, creative, analytical and experienced data analyst leader who loves big data, curious to explore and unveil insights and create a business story and reporting to impact key business decisions. Our team provides the data and insights needed to run and grow the Office business.
This work includes:
• Building and leading our marketing analytics team
• Providing holistic, Office wide customer and business insights
• Providing data and insights for modern marketing and sales
• Delivering data sets and 1: Many exploration tools that democratize business and customer insights for the Office Product Group, marketing and our field. This includes common data models and architecture, and data governance.
• Providing actionable intelligence and analytics that will make our products and services better and grow our business. This includes Office wide predictive modeling, machine learning models and recommenders
This position is a key role that drives insights about our business model and health, pre-sales and post-sales activity of our users, lead generation, and acquisition and engagement efforts. The scope includes understanding and monitoring key metrics and ongoing analyses to inform overall strategy for acquisition, usage, and retention of our users. Also includes stakeholder engagement and close collaboration with and leveraging efforts of data scientists, data engineers and other data analysts of the Office Insights, Data Engineering and Analytics team.
You are driven, self-directed, entrepreneurial and focused on delivering the right results. To be successful in this role, you must have strong skills in written and oral communications, a can-do attitude and the willingness to tackle hard problems in innovative ways. You also thrive in a team environment that values cross team collaboration and building on the success of others. You have a history of building healthy, high performing teams and strong partnerships.
• Partner with specific functions / domains of the Office business (e.g. Demand Generation, Paid Media, Relationship Marketing etc.) and develop a deep understanding of those areas
• Provide actionable insights on acquisition and engagement efforts for the areas supported
• Connect findings and recommendations to business initiatives and collaborate with key stakeholders at various management levels to drive actions maximizing revenue
• Deliver in depth analysis on business performance (trends, funnels) and drivers, as well as forecasts and targets
• Define, track and report key metrics to assess overall business health
• Design and build dashboards based on business requirements to enable ongoing monitoring of business health
• Partner with analytics, data science, and data engineering partners for data structures, data availability, and model development
• Work closely with data engineering to deliver requirements for data infrastructure
• Ensure data accuracy via UAT
• 10+ years’ hand on / management analytics experience with proven quantitative orientation
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
• Advanced working knowledge of large data manipulation and data mining using SQL
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, as well as visualization tools (familiarity with Power BI preferred)
• Prior experience in B2B marketing acquisition, campaigns, marketing automation, content marketing, and digital marketing a plus
• Working knowledge of Adobe Analytics a plus
• Exceptional problem solving, technical and data analysis skills
• Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
• Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
• Experience with marketing automation and CRM systems preferred
• Experience with Data Lake infrastructures (Cosmos, Hadoop) and access preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.