Director, Data Solutions, Visa Business Solutions
Posted: April 15, 2017
Reference ID: 112586581
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The Visa Business Solutions (VBS) unit has overall responsibility for all aspects of business strategy, development and management for commercial products, as well as platform development and commercial information management. VBS serves clients engaged in providing payment products to middle market and large corporate/multinational companies, governments and commercial supply chain/B2B segments. VBS is accountable for global interoperability of Commercial products and services; developing new channel solutions and technology support; building alliances and solutions for new products, technologies, platforms and market segment penetration; and business unit analytics and reporting.
As Director, Visa Business Solutions , you will be part of the Visa Data Solutions team, providing payment and value added services to businesses, corporations and governments. In this role, you will be responsible for third party integrations, core and enhanced data acquisition, enhanced data commercial products and working with other product managers to contribute to the overall data strategy and vision. The role will also focus on working with other stakeholders like regional teams and Issuers to push the Commercial data strategy forward. Interaction with cross-functional groups within Visa, IT teams, Issuers, and third party will be a key part of this role, collaborating with Commercial product owners and our Commercial Clients to list of few of the critical contacts.
• Responsible for product management/future evolution of the Business solutions data products with focus on core data tools, key data repositories and data integration processes
• Understands and maintains a deep understanding of the commercial data strategies, priorities and market needs.
• Responsible for collecting, validating business requirements and managing the product roadmap.
• Communication of business requirements to technical teams and external vendors for creation of functional and technical requirements. Validate accuracy of functional and technical requirements documents.
• As the representative of the business, monitor progress of project teams on developments, resolving and escalating issues as required.
• Create and execute use cases to validate that delivered functionality meets business expectations.
• Provide core product documentation and guidance to other teams, which produce marketing, implementation, training, and support materials.
• Support marketing, sales, implementation, and support teams in their relationships with financial institution issuers and end corporate clients as business product representative as required.
• Ability to interact with senior management in communicating business cases and market trends.
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
• The candidate will interact with various levels of management across the organization as well as with external clients and will have close working relationship with our Commercial Product teams.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required as cross-functional projects occur on a regular basis.
• Must demonstrate well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
• Collaborates easily and successfully with all levels of management in a matrix organization structure.
• Operates with minimal supervision and able to make informed, well-reasoned decisions independently.
• Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented.
• Ability to perform financial analysis and business cases for bespoke pricing and/or new products is a plus
• B.S. or B.A. in Business or Computer Science, with 5 to 7 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility.
• This position requires a minimum of 4+ years of experience in a corporate business environment.
• Experience in working with Issuers and clients in the financial industry with data system skills is preferred.
• The role requires strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others in cross functional teams to implement and assess the operational impact of changes to processes/procedures.
• Strong analytical, data assessment, mining skills are a must.
• Must have experience in presenting and communicating complex/detailed topics to clients.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, to lead, influence others and set direction.
• Ability to contribute new ideas and find solutions to business challenges for the commercial data strategy while delivering top-quality customer service.
• Demonstrated expertise/power user in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word) and experience with MS Office Access.
• Strong understanding of commercial card industry is a big plus.
• Understanding of current technology trends in the data industry is preferred.
• Excellent business ethics is required and the successful candidate will have experience and demonstrated success in the above listed core competencies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.