Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Workday seeks a highly motivated Director of Data Strategy and Marketing Analytics with exceptional strategic, operational, and interpersonal skills who has deep expertise in data management, business-to-business analytics and business intelligence to join the Global Marketing Operations organization.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Marketing Operations and PMO, the Director will craft an innovative vision for extending our analytical capabilities to provide deep insight into Marketing activity to increase transparency, optimize spend, and improve results. In addition, the Director will lead the development and execution of multi-level, fact-based reporting, analysis, and analytics through partnerships with Sales Operations, IT, Finance, Digital Marketing and Marketing leaders.
- Provide vision, energy, and leadership to evolve Workday's analytics capabilities.
- Manage the overall health, management and governance of marketing data. Engage with team as subject matter expert in critical systems, processes, and databases.
- Lead, mentor, and grow team of talented analysts by creating a positive work culture in alignment with Workday's core values.
- Own and execute a multi-year roadmap in collaboration with IT, Sales Operations, Corporate Sales Development, Digital Marketing, and Marketing leaders. Example initiatives include Deal DNA, campaign attribution, and lead to pipeline forecasting.
- Develop new and refine/extend existing business intelligence dashboards supporting all levels of the Marketing organization. Participate in the cross-functional development of shared Marketing, Sales, and Corporate Sales Development dashboards.
- Create advanced and predictive models to support advanced targeting, propensity to buy, and ideal mix. Assist teams in leveraging the models.
- Gain buy-in for measurement models from key stakeholders. Document and socialize with broader organization.
- Possess a strong understanding of the complexity and effort required to manage and develop planned/ad hoc analytics and dashboards to optimally distribute work among the team.
- Assess ad hoc analytic project requests and determine the best approach and team members to support.
- Guide/assist team in the preparation of data and insights to support executive-level quarterly business reviews, meetings with Sales leaders, and senior management team meetings.
- Educate the organization on how to leverage our analytical models and dashboards.
- Advise marketing operations functions on data requirements necessary to perform desired analyses; participate in the development of process modifications needed to deliver required data.
- Represent Marketing in cross-functional data committees and boards.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience and proven track record of involvement with data analytics and business intelligence at both the leadership and technical/operational levels.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a MARKETING function required with a strong understanding of B-to-B marketing and how its success can be measured.
- Proven statistical analysis and modeling experience with expertise in analytical techniques and their applications to marketing.
- Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations and communicate complex data concepts in ways that marketing leaders and the wider organization will understand.
- Experience working with data management tools and strong understanding of best practices required. Experience working directly with IT on database management preferred.
- Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and SQL (Redshift a plus).
- Experience working with ETL software such as Pentaho a plus.
- Salesforce.com and Marketo (or equivalent) proficiency.
- Experience working with visualization software (Tableau preferred).
- Knowledge of project management methodology and tools with experience simultaneously managing complex analytics-oriented projects.
- Understanding of the SiriusDecisions Demand Waterfall highly desired.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to hold large presentations, lead workshops and meetings, and conduct one-on-one conversations with people who have different levels of understanding and experience interpreting analytics.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.