The Cloud Business Group is the product marketing organization for Oracle Cloud, defining go-to-market strategy and messaging, creating customer-facing and internal content, driving awareness and demand generation strategy and planning and delivering sales enablement. Product Marketing works with an array of other organizations within Oracle to define the appropriate marketing mix to ensure effective and broad delivery of the go-to-market initiatives on a global basis. Key activities include market analysis and segmentation; messaging creating; content development for web, social PR, advertising and other channels; planning and execution; product launches; and development and delivery of sales tools, training and programs Director, Developer Marketing - Oracle Cloud
This is an exciting new position focused on developers, a critically important audience for Oracle. The objective is to win the hearts and minds of developers, drive developer advocacy, nurture and inspire our developer communities, and drive Oracle's major new strategic initiative for developers
We are looking for a talented Developer Marketing individual contributor with experience driving developer advocacy, developer evangelism, developer relations, developer community or technical marketing. The ideal candidate will have strong technical proficiency with cloud PaaS/Iaas: a deep understanding of developer technologies and app dev trends; excellent written and verbal communications, and experience working with developers and developer communities
This position will drive deliver marketing planning and execution: developer content strategy, development and distribution; developer events and programs. Externally, this individual will interact directly with the developers and key influencers in the community. Internally this individual will work closely with Oracle Evangelists, Product management and Product Marketing across several product areas. Community team, Sales and Field Marketing in all regions of the world, Corporate Marketing and Senior Executives Key Responsibilities:
Critical Success Factors:
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies and plans for developers
- Develop compelling and differentiated content, including presentations, articles and blogs, demos, web copy, social content, audio/video, etc. Content should be both though leadership as well as technical.
- Create and drive innovative campaigns to increase awareness, reach, activity level, share of voice and sentiment amongst developers
- Create and drive both within Oracle and externally to improve the developer experience across product, technical content, business practices, PR/media, social and all other areas affecting how developers perceive Oracle
- Support corporate marketing activities, including physical and online events, demand generation, online marketing, social PR, AR, advertising, etc.
- Plan and execute cross - organizational product launch plans
Successful candidate must be a self-starter with ownership and "get it done" attitude. Works well in a matrix organization. Technical chops and credibility. Superior writing and verbal communication skills. Preferred Qualifications:
Seeking a results - driven product marketing professional with the proven ability to deliver commitments on time, as well as:
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in developer marketing, developer advocacy, developer evangelism, developer relations, developer community, technical marketing or technical product marketing.
- Familiarity or knowledge of:
- Docker Containers, Kubernetes, or Mesosphere
- Scripting languages: Node JS, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Databases NOSQL, SQL and In-Memory
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, Heroku, IBM BlueMix, Cloudfoundry or OpenStack
- Experience in developer technologies and PaaS/IaaS Cloud Services
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end marketing processes
- Proven positioning and messaging skills
- Ability to think strategically with tactical execution
- Excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation skills
- Capable of producing compelling, high quality documents and presentations on short timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work across cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize tasks and working a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field: MBA preferred
Work Location: Redwood Shores, CA / Oracle HQ. Travel:
Moderate (less than 50%) Recruiter Contact Information:
Development and implementation of business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for a product/service or vertical market.
As a product analyst you will participate in every stage of the product life cycle to ensure product meets the needs of users. Drive the implementation of programs in support of the marketing strategy, business plans, and forecasts for assigned product lines. Maintains current status of customer specifications for existing and future products. Identify, evaluate, and recommend marketing opportunities in support of product line objectives. Drive product functionality delivering high quality product documentation. Lead products through scheduled release assisting others to manage commitments and resources. Measure and report progress and review deliverables.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Ability to work with Executives. Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication. Demonstrated product/project management experience. Creative, energetic, and enthusiastic. Team player. Experience using or implementing Oracle, SAP, or Peoplesoft applications. Basic HTML and web technology skills a plus. 8 years technology/industry experience and BA/BS/MBA degree.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.