About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Global Procurement delivers world-class procurement capabilities to the company, partnering with internal the company customers to ensure they receive maximum value for every dollar spent with the company suppliers. We accomplish this by executing effective strategic processes, including category management, supplier management and sourcing projects, all supported by efficient procure to pay processes. We add value by aligning the company with the best suppliers, promoting continuous improvement in supplier performance and driving compliance with the company intellectual property and privacy requirements. We strive to obtain the right price for the right product or service.
This role is responsible for developing and deploying global category strategies in support of the company Global Product Development (GPD) Organization. These include, but are not limited to category support for Contract Research Organizations, Site Management Organizations, Central Laboratories, Patient Recruitment, and other relevant categories that touch the clinical drug development process. Category responsibility will include
• Working directly with GPD's Center of Excellence (CoE) leadership and extended teams, including Alliance and Vendor Management, and Sourcing Operations to develop and implement transformational business and supplier strategies that drive increased value in a financially constrained environment
• Ensure the company best interests are maintained through effective and productive relationships with BU/RU customers and other partner lines.
• Ensure risks to the company (legal, financial, regulatory, reputational) are minimized and/or mitigated through strong communication and management of strategic sourcing related projects
• Achieving year on year improvement in cost/cash/value, quality, service, process and/or innovation.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders and key suppliers to insure that stakeholder requirements are met and supplier performance is measured and maintained at the appropriate service levels.
Provide Procurement sourcing and category leadership expertise in the area of Clinical Development, while assuring excellence in all phases of the category management and Global Procurement sourcing process, including project identification and start up, data collection and analysis, option development and recommendation preparation, implementation, supplier management and savings capture.
Develop and prepare high quality Global Procurement Opportunity Analyses for the GPD division. This includes challenging hypotheses, driving innovative thinking, encouraging calculated risk taking, and inclusive idea assessments with the GPD Center of Excellence (CoE) organization, Procurement and other relevant colleagues.
Provide clarity, focus, direction, set priorities and objectives, and through effective leadership deliver upon category specific objectives and team targets.
Align and maintain meaningful global and / or regional category strategies which deliver and enhance value / benefits by Business Units, Operations, and key stakeholders.
Provide customer relationship management to key stakeholders, assuring enabling procurement support is aligned with stakeholder interests and business needs, and providing key and objective insights to assure optimized procurement approach and decisions are made for the company. Includes providing insight, information and influence to senior leaders on sourcing process, approach and considerations.
Build and maintain strong relationships and collaborate with GP Regional and Zone leaders and ensure effective linkages with local and regional colleagues. Develop and /or sponsor CCT where global alignment will increase value of supplier strategy.
Strengthen and continuously improve market expertise and maintain acumen in assigned spend categories and remain current on supply market trends, business economics and best sourcing practices that impact the supply market and/or supplier economics.
Serve as key escalation point for critical supplier contract negotiations.
Ensure continuous development of sourcing, procurement and category management skills and competencies as well as other professional development tools to continuously improve capabilities.
Support the company Diversity and Inclusion objectives, as applicable.
Effectively assure adherence to the company global policy, procedures and systems.
• Bachelor's degree required MBA ideal.
• Advanced degree, professional qualification, or extensive experience in one or more of the disciplines related to drug development, project management, legal or business.
• Balance of general business, finance, legal, and drug development experience is essential.
• Experience in drug development across one or more business lines
• Ability to influence executive level stakeholders
• Demonstrated success in working in a highly matrix-based organization
• Experience negotiating complex CRO master service agreements on either the supplier or sponsor side.
• Previous work in managing Strategic Sourcing in a complex environment
• 10 - 15 years relevant experience required for Director Role
• Business English essential
• Demonstrated knowledge of procurement systems, processes and procedures.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowePoint
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Periodic travel to US the company sites required
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.