As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
The Director DevOps Applications- EDS will work alongside Senior Business and EIT leaders and numerous other
functions to drive the development, delivery and technical realization of Business Intelligence reporting solutions, creating efficient, innovative and best in class platforms for internal customers. The Director will own a critical role in leading development for controls reporting, driving the evolution of Business Intelligence rules engines and custom tools that move the business forward, and challenging the role that Business Intelligence plays cross functionally within the organization today and in the future.
The Director DevOps Applications- EDS is responsible for leading the development, implementation, integration and operations of new and existing business intelligence platforms and decision support systems to satisfy current and future business needs across T-Mobile, MetroPCS and partnership brands. The Director will oversee the roadmap and daily experience for more than 10,000 end users and information consumers and work directly with key data owners and business leaders to ensure the appropriate metric definitions and availability for all executive, performance management and operational reporting.
This inspirational leader will ignite an internal team transformation to a DevOps delivery model, bridging waterfall and agile methodologies to elevate development, production operations and continuous delivery capabilities and mindsets. Significant emphasis will be placed on identifying opportunities for innovation in order to ensure T-Mobile success in an increasingly competitive and fast moving industry landscape. While the quality and accomplishments of a person's career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Deep experience in leading software development, large scale implementation and operational responsibility of business intelligence platforms, decision support systems and reporting tools.
- Possess a thorough understanding of business intelligence solutions design and delivery in a large, complex organization.
- Deep experience and proven success and flexibility in combining/ crossing delivery life cycles using both waterfall and agile methodologies as well as extensive experience with enterprise level data architecture, modelling and data security.
- Deep technical understanding of data warehouse design principles, data quality and integration best practices.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of how data is utilized to support business decisions as well as the ability to interact with the business effectively.
- Ability to lead and drive organizational and cultural change as well as build and develop a high functioning team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high level comprehensive solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Bachelor's degree in Technology required; Master's Degree in Technology or MBA is highly preferred.
- Experience with Hadoop, Teradata, Oracle or similar is required.
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work across an organization that is experiencing rapid growth and transformation.
- Strategically minded, contributing to the development of a coherent and
- comprehensive strategic vision.
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Operates in a challenging delivery environment with the ability to drive order and structure.
- Ability to motivate and mobilize others; creates a team environment focused on delivering results.
- Evaluates talent and drives organizational maturity to achieve delivery goals.
- Holds others accountable by monitoring progress and giving effective feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- Takes a constructive and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Professional with a high degree of integrity and honesty.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Oversee development and integration of new business intelligence platforms and reporting solutions supporting the transformation of how T-Mobile accesses and utilizes data across multiple functions. Specific functional areas may include: Accounting/ Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing and Commercial Decisions Intelligence.
- Design and drive the development of new enterprise and integrated data architecture, data modelling, warehousing, retrieval solutions and reporting capabilities which lower cost and increase benefits.
- Develop and manage data design standards and best practices, championing architecture solutions from conception to implementation for well modeled, easily accessible and high quality data which aligns to the enterprise maturity model for reporting and analytics.
- Lead usage optimization and product rationalization, reducing impacts of data drift. This includes sponsoring user groups and defining enterprise standards as well as manage an ongoing balance between internally owned and operated solutions with self-service options.
- Lead the overall systems development life cycle from business/ technical requirements including architecture through design, code delivery, testing, deployment and operations.
- Continually assess and evaluate the impact of emerging technologies against the strategic business needs and interpret business value for the leadership team in a consultative capacity.
- Direct and manage external vendors and consulting teams effectively to ensure accountability and successful delivery for complex large scale projects.
- Lead efforts to ensure the workplace environment supports a highly motivated and effective workforce focused on continuous improvement and best practices
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.