Director, Digital Marketing Planning & Analysis (Job Number: 020421)
Digital & Marketing Corporate Office - 36 S WABASH AVE STE 410
36 S WABASH AVE STE 410
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services such immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
The Director of Digital Marketing Planning and Analysis is responsible for the strategy, development and management of marketing plans for the digital team. They are also responsible for collaborating with the brand marketing team and channel marketing teams to develop, manage and execute integrated marketing plans for the enterprise. Across the Digital organization, the Director will work closely with the performance marketing (search, mobile, social), email, content, customer experience, analytics and product teams. The Director will be responsible for ensuring marketing strategies are translated into customer led concrete marketing plans and will work across marketing teams to ensure successful execution and delivery against revenue and customer goals. Job Responsibilities
- Directs the overall digital marketing strategies and plans for Walgreens digital properties and photo to achieve the strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and content quality results. Develops and oversees the implementation of processes, and policies that have significant impact upon the organization.
- Develops short- and long-range marketing strategies and plans.
- Directs managers accountable for marketing within the Digital organization, and relies on some key centralized resources such as finance, creative, engineering, product and administration.
- Makes recommendations for the formulation of strategies and operating plans and is responsible for plan execution and reporting.
- Accountable for delivering against key metrics, including financial goals outlined for digital marketing. Develops budget for marketing plans and is accountable for delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Sets financial, operational and quality metrics for digital marketing campaigns, in partnership with channel owners and brand marketing team.
- Oversees the execution of marketing plans for specified area of responsibility.
- Shares highly complex information related to marketing plans and strategy. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Accountable for growth and optimization of consumer awareness, market share and/or specified initiatives. . Reviews the competitive marketplace and makes adjustments to digital marketing strategy and plans based upon identified information.
- Oversees and directs the work of managers and their subordinates. Obtains and allocates resources to meet operating plans. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 6 years of experience in Marketing, eCommerce, and/or Strategy OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in Marketing, eCommerce, and/or Strategy.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience managing and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree / MBA.
- Experience developing integrated marketing plans in a highly competitive market place
- Knowledge of retail, ecommerce and brand management
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels including e-mail, SEO/SEM, social media, affiliates etc.
- Experience analyzing program results or research and deriving actionable insights.
- Experience in a dynamic, matrix organization
- Experience developing and executing programs utilizing both direct reports and matrix resources with focus on measured business impact.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.