Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Director, Digital Product Management- Messaging
The Capital One Digital Messaging team is looking for a Director, Digital Product Management to lead the development of messaging capabilities that make it easier for customers to manage their money. This role will lead an integrated team of product, operations, design and tech resources focused on our mission to Change Banking for Good across a broad spectrum of channels including email, SMS, and push notifications. The ideal candidate will understand the confluence of technological advancements, customer preferences, and market forces and use that knowledge to create a strategic vision that compels investment.
- Establish and execute an innovative, customer-focused messaging product strategy that breaks new ground in the financial industry and drives customer engagement and business value
- Evangelize messaging product strategy and influence the executive team and stakeholders throughout Capital One
- Inspire, lead and collaborate with a team of engineers and designers to produce and manage innovative messaging products that delight Capital One customers
- Ensure Capital One lines of business have best of breed messaging features, reporting capabilities, and interactivity across email, SMS alerts and push notifications
- Partner with vendors, email service providers, and internet service providers to ensure maximum deliverability of email messages
- Work with Legal to negotiate and finalize contracts with key partners
- Benchmark products against Capital One competitors and industry leaders
- Identify and win support for new product opportunities that drive key performance indicators
- Lead product launch efforts in collaboration with PR, Marketing and Brand teams
- Ensure all products are well-managed in compliance with all company and government regulations
This position requires a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into an exceptional customer-focused solution. We are seeking a dedicated, disciplined professional who excels in a team environment. This individual must be able to effectively communicate and influence partners across the company and across multiple levels of the organization. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to a dynamic agile environment are essential to succeeding in this role. This individual must display strong leadership skills and be able to drive and motivate a team in an agile, test-and-learn environment.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 5+ years in digital messaging product management with record of success moving key business metrics through messaging
- Subject matter expertise in digital messaging industry
- 3+ years of experience developing digital products using Agile methodology
- 3+ years of experience developing products with a customer-first, design thinking approach
- a passion for getting his or her hands dirty by using products as an early adopter, testing prototypes and digging into user research
- technical literacy with respect to API integration and data architecture
- an ability to work in fast-paced environment and be resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.