Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Director, Digital Product Management
We're looking for a leader to join our Small Business Lending team to lead the complete transformation of our business, leveraging technology and process reinvention. Small Business Lending has in incredible agenda to create a massively better customer experience. We aim to completely digitize the lending experience and replace 20+ years old and disconnected legacy systems. We want to minimize manual processes and hand-offs in the lending originations and customer servicing using digital solutions.
We are looking for a leader, who will obsess over the customer experience:
- Think about every touch point we have with consumers, from initial loan application and funding, to ongoing serving requirements, and help us continuously improve them.
- Set bold objectives for customer satisfaction, engagement, and ease of use, and drive the team to achieve these goals.
- Define and drive complicated intent working with partners and stakeholders across the Lending Value Chain, balancing user experience, operational efficiency and effectiveness, profitability and credit risk considerations.
In this role, you'll have responsibility for our lending originations and portfolio management systems, with an explicit mission to drive break-away innovation and process improvements by replacing or enhancing our technological platform and delivering new digital solutions. SB Lending space is very dynamic and exciting, servicing a wide range of customers through wide range of channels and competing with both traditional banks and new online players. If you're not satisfied with the status quo and want to make a difference, this position is for you.
Key Job Functions:
- Product Development: Develop new digital products and process enhancements to improve the Small Business Lending Experience. Manage the entire digital Product Lifecycle from concept through launch. Develop business cases and gain support from business and operational leaders. Use design thinking and business judgment for defining the product feature set and user experience. Use your strong understanding of technology to collaborate with IT partners to build scalable, extensible solutions that deliver on the product requirements. Develop detailed business requirements, functional requirements, project plans. Handle projects with aggressive time frames and assure that goals, budgets and deadlines are met. Work with operations, training and communications to ensure readiness for new functionality and releases.
- Strategic Thinking and Problem Solving: Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and make sound judgments in prioritizing many opportunities we have in the Lending space to improve customer experience, drive operational efficiency and effectiveness and deliver new products. Develop plans to meet existing and evolving business and product goals. Translate business goals into functional digital strategies and tactical digital product ideas. Use problem solving skills that help identify, isolate and resolve problems and issues in a timely fashion to negate or minimize operational or customer impact. Develop solutions to new and complex needs/issues and secure business-wide consensus on the approach.
- Leadership/Accountability: Possess strong leadership skills and serve as the primary contact for all digital enhancements we need to make in Lending Experience. Demonstrate accountability of the varying needs of different stakeholders in the Lending Value Chain, continuously refine feature priorities and ensure buy-in on those priorities. Lead a cross functional team of resources toward a common vision and outcomes. Build close working relationships with other departments in the company as well as external contacts. Recruit, develop and retain a talented and high performing team. Help your team deliver products by removing roadblocks.
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- A proven track record in delivering products that deliver substantial value
- Practical application of Human Centered Design
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- The ability to integrate business knowledge and analytical insight to develop sound business strategies and obtain buy-in on these strategies
- Experience in major technology project deployments, developing a platform and APIs to be integrated across enterprise-wide systems
- Experience managing the definition and execution of projects (conceptualization, requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation)
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, collaboration, communication (written, verbal, and technical), presentation, negotiation, influence and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a complex environment that may include multiple simultaneous projects
- Comfort with establishing relationships across levels within organizations, including executive interactions
- Proven ability to attract, retain and develop top talent
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- 8 years experience in Digital Product Management
- 5 years experience in People Management
- 3 years experience Agile Product Delivery Methodologies
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 10+ years experience in Digital Product Management
- 5+ years experience in Business Analysis
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.