Director, Digital Product Management
We believe progress starts with a deep understanding of our customers. This human-centered methodology combined with a best-in-class analytical practice allows us to quickly identify, build, and test our way to success. We spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, challenge ourselves to see the world through the eyes of our customers every step of the way.
We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration, and delivers world-class products and services that touch tens of millions of customers.
Do you want to change the way the world interacts with their money? Do you have an opinion on whether shipping > perfection? Have you geeked out on multi-armed bandit experiments or the possibilities of the blockchain lately? Then we want you!
As a Product Manager, you'll be joining a passionate team of engineers and designers working to redefine how millions of customers interact with their bank and manage their money.
- Work with product, design and engineering leaders to convert the product vision into a well managed development roadmap with a set release cycle.
- Brainstorm effectively with various stakeholders to continuously define feature priority.
- Manage product operations by sharing learning and customer feedback with the team, conducting effective grooming/planning sessions.
- Help your team ship products by making difficult tradeoffs, removing roadblocks and providing clear acceptance criterion.
- Document input from various stakeholders and bring the voice of the customer to those conversations.
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- 1+ year experience as a product designer/manager for a software product.
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and get dirty in problem solving.
- Experience in data/business analysis a plus.
- Experience in agile product management a plus.
- Passion for or experience in fintech a plus.
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, Yodle, AOL, Adaptive Path]
- Continuous learning budget [Meet Marty Cagan in person]
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 5-7 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 5-7 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.