114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
Director - Digital Product Management
Capital One is the only founder-led Top 10 bank in the US. We have a mission to Change Banking for Good and we are transforming how people interact with their money. We offer industry-leading credit cards, checking accounts, savings accounts, brokerage accounts, car loans, home loans, and other financial products that are central to the way that more than 65 million people live every day.
The Director of Digital Product plays a critical role in achieving our mission. They lead teams of designers, engineers, data scientists and analysts to define product strategy and develop, launch, and enhance products and services that drive our business forward.
We are selectively recruiting for a Director of Digital product to focus on the reinvention of how commercial clients interact with their bank in digital channels to position Capital One for growth.
What will you do?
- Partner with Commercial and Small Business Leaders to identify customer needs, both stated and latent, and lead development and piloting of digital experiences with a fail fast mentality.
- Inspire teams developers and designers to work alongside you to build breakthrough experiences at breakneck speed.
- You will be responsible for your products throughout the full product lifecycle.
- Working with our partners in Treasury Management, Capital Markets, Wealth and Asset Management and Small Business, you’ll need to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data.
- You will drive vision and strategy to position our digital products alongside our core cash management products
- You will work with our technology teams to ensure that the vision you clearly articulated will turn into simple, intuitive experiences that serve our customer’s banking needs
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge and passion for emerging technologies (API’s, Big Data, Native UI’s, RWD) and how they are used to empower developers and businesses to deliver great products.
- Grounding in human centered design with a natural empathy for customers - A bias to action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed.
- Strategic thinking and an ability to effectively identify opportunities for growth in new businesses and markets.
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity.
- A fantastic storyteller who is at ease presenting to senior executives.
- Previous experience with startups and or fintechs
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Masters in Business Administration or Masters in Design or Masters in Computer Science
- At least 7 years’ experience building and launching consumer applications on web and mobile platforms
- At least 7 years of experience applying analytical rigor to support technology investment decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 5+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 5+ years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.