Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Bridgewater
The U.S. Acquisition Marketing team is focused on developing and executing an integrated, multi-channel customer acquisition strategy for lead generation and nurture through B2B, B2B2C, and D2C channels. By partnering closely with the Business Units, the acquisition marketing team is responsible for helping them meet their growth expectations through customer prospects and inquiries.
The successful candidate will serve as a subject matter expert of direct mail and partner closely with his or her Business Unit leadership and cross-functional partners to translate their annual business goals into relevant marketing objectives and goals for direct mail. He or she will develop direct mail campaigns by collaborating and coordinating closely with other global marketing teams for brand positioning and strategy, as well as communications development so that the direct mail program is part of a broader, integrated activation in market. Additionally, this individual will be setting the direct mail KPIs, establishing test-and-learn programs, managing the budget, and driving the agency relationship with the direct mail vendor.
- Drive business results:
- Create and execute direct mail marketing plan, laddering back to business goals and objectives and meeting business requirements for target acquisition and profitability.
- Partner with the BU leadership in driving their P&L, including setting key direct mail marketing KPIs such as reach, customer metrics, and channel spend/optimization.
- Design key metrics for measuring success of direct mail campaigns.
- Continuously implement a series of test-and-learns, including pilots coordinated with digital acquisition marketing.
- Partner and consult with cross-functional partners, including Business Strategy Leads, Underwriting, Products, Sales, Service, Global Brand, Digital Marketing, Communications, Research and Data Sciences, to develop, align and execute strategies.
- Collaborate and partner across marketing acquisition to activate holistic marketing programs.
- Brief, design, and direct execution of direct mail campaigns for products across Bus.
- Oversee and coordinate production and execution of all creative and components of direct mail campaigns and any supplemental communications.
- Lead, develop, train and motivate the direct mail team.
- Allocate and manage direct mail budget by BU.
- Oversee key direct mail vendor relationships to ensure excellent delivery of critical services such as campaign development and execution.
- Report, track and analyze lead generation and campaign data.
- Direct mail, acquisition marketing, or inbound marketing experience.
- Knowledge of the benefits industry a plus – P&C, product, and distribution function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field; advanced degree in business or marketing a plus.
- 7+ yrs. relevant marketing experience.
- 3+ yrs. managerial & leadership experience, including agency management.
- Influential leadership skills with ability to distil large amounts of data into clearly concise stories
- Proven ability to develop productive cross-functional partnerships at the line of business, regional, and enterprise levels.
- Engages in cross-functional teams and agency/vendor management to help develop marketing strategies that align with key business areas.
- Allocates resources and budget based on business and marketing opportunities.
- Ability to interface effectively with diverse clients and build strong relationships; Ability to interface with senior level partners.
- Ability to think strategically, understand business risk and apply creative problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with ability to make/contribute to recommendations, prioritize, manage and track multiple projects.
- Entrepreneurial, can-do spirit and ability to work and thrive in an evolving and fast paced, high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
Global Brand & Marketing
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 42443
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.