Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, DMPK in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director, DMPK working on the Global DMPK team, you will be empowered to represent DMPK in discovery and development project teams and design DMPK studies, and a typical day will include: POSITION SUMMARY:
We are seeking a highly motivated and well accomplished scientific leader in pharmacokinetics to join the Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) Department of Takeda Pharmaceuticals in Cambridge, MA. This leader will sit on multi-functional project teams to provide strategic DMPK support to the discovery and development of biologics programs with a focus on biologics for cancer immune-therapeutics , including novel targeted-delivery platforms and cell-based therapies. The support includes engaging with colleagues across Oncology R&D to ensure rapid and thorough translation from pre-clinical studies to clinical studies, and supplying dose predictions of efficacy and safety in patients. This leader will supervise PK scientists and immunogenicity prediction function. Experience in biologics is essential. Some experience and expertise in modeling such as PK/PD and PBPK is desirable. POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications: EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Manage Ph.D and Master level PK scientists and supervise immunogenicity prediction.
- Represent DMPK in discovery and development biologics project teams. Initiate and engage in multifunctional collaborations to facilitate the advancement of drug candidates and build thorough knowledge of biologics properties
- Be responsible for the design and interpretation of DMPK studies necessary for the selection of clinical candidates
- Work closely with Oncology R&D to build up and strengthen translational science strategy in cancer patients
- Play a visible and critical role in global DMPK to share learning and enhance consistency in best practices across sites and disease areas about targeted therapeutics/biologics discovery and development and establish a global DMPK support strategy for immunotherapy in oncology
- Keep up to date with emerging literature and science in the biologics development in oncology
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Ph.D. degree in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Immunology, Pharmacology, or related discipline;
- 10 + year industrial experience with demonstrated impact on biologics and/or ADC drug discovery and/or development.
- Thorough understanding of the basic principles of pharmacokinetics of biologics and/or ADC Prior project leadership experience in antibody drug development preferred
- Track record of scientific accomplishment as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications and/or inventions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate complex research findings and recommendations, and seek to excel in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability for critical thinking and strong analytical skills to evaluate complex information for the identification of key scientific findings related to projects.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities while meeting tight deadlines
- Maintains excellent working relationships with colleagues and collaborators
Empowering Our People to Shine Learn more at takedajobs.com .Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. #LI-JT1
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.