Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Director of DtV (Design-to-Value) / Value Engineering. This position is based in Bridgewater, New Jersey, or Zug, Switzerland, with an expectation of 40% travel. Alternatively, a candidate could work in the US or Europe from another J&J location in the or choose to work from home, in which case the travel expectation is >50%.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Director DtV / Value Engineering will:
• Lead or Co-Lead DtV product conventions and other DtV project types
• Role-model DtV behavior and cross-functional ways of working
• Create positive financial impact with DtV savings and value creation opportunities
• Follow-up at high level on convention results and selectively further guide or assist segment staff responsible for implementation
• Assist businesses and partner with R&D and commercial in identifying and assessing opportunities and planning a DtV roadmap, with the objective of creating and maintaining a continuous stream of DtV work
• Create showcases on DtV application and further develop our process descriptions and training materials
• Assist in developing the Design-to-Value (DtV) Process and Framework, as an integrated approach to Product Development considering multiple dimensions: Customer, Quality, Cost, Technology, Value Add
• Ensure that the DtV processes are properly documented, provide work instructions which have to be used by the operational/segment teams, indicating in particular the intersection points between the functions with clear R&R; important in the cross functional supply chain environment.
• Be aware of product related trade-offs and make best use of the customer / consumer insights, to ensure DtV improves overall product competitiveness, with proper balance of cost and attractiveness while ensuring quality and regulatory compliance
• Identify and drive leverage DtV opportunities wherever reasonable. Across business, or across segment. Use / integrate centrally managed resources as well, wherever appropriate
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in engineering or scientific field is required, an advanced scientific degree (MS) or MBA is preferred
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in engineering / R&D, manufacturing, product management or supply chain (ideally across multiple functions) is required, as well as broad technical and scientific expertise
• Deep expertise in understanding Product Development and Design is required
• Understanding the linkages from product development through manufacturing and delivery to the customer is required, deep practical understanding of the linkage between product and process development is required
• Multifunctional background, or proven track record of working easily and achieving results across functional boundaries is required
• Change management and project management experience is required
• Strong executive presentation skills are required
• Experience in driving broadly based culture change in a train-the-trainer setting is required
• Leadership experience in a large scale multi-location operational change program, preferrably DtV / Value Engineering, but possibly also a Six Sigma or Lean program is preferred
• Familiarity with state-of-the art DtV tools, including consumer / marketing related tools is preferred
• Understanding of typical regulatory and quality requirements is preferred
• Ability to create strong relationships across multiple functions and businesses is preferred
• This position is a work from home position, and requires 50% travelPrimary Location
United States-New Jersey-BridgewaterOther Locations
Europe/Middle East/Africa, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Zug-Zug, North America-United StatesOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.