Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, E2E Supply Chain Modeling and Analytics in Bridgewater, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Director, Supply chain modeling and optimization, is part of the Value Chain Management team within the Strategy and Deployment organization. The candidate will be responsible to define the data analytics strategy for J&J supply chain partnering across multiple J&J segments. The role is responsible to determine the analytics needs for the segments – and determine a roadmap to achieve those – through a combination analytical capabilities, external analytics partnerships, university relationships. The role will also be focused on tapping into the rapidly evolving analytics (and analytics technology) landscape to enable J&J to compete on supply chain by building it’s analytics power. The role will also be responsible for partnering with other analytics groups within J&J to derive the best possible business outcome for J&J while maintaining the agility of the organization. This role is going to be a combination of hands-on analytics combined with analytics strategy, solutions and capability roadmap.
The role also provides technology platform -wide strategic oversight to sustain and improve J&J's capability to effectively identify, prioritize, simulate and / or optimize end to end scenario planning, modeling and supply chain trade-offs to enable profitable growth by improving cost, service and agility to improve J&Js position in the market. . The candidate would be responsible for maturing our solution design and optimization processes thru continuous improvement based on actual experience in analyzing opportunities of varying complexities, voice of customer and external benchmarking. The candidate would also be exposed to leading technologies in the analytics space, e.g.Python, R, Hadoop, SAS,, etc., to drive results and identify opportunities. The candidate will drive business impact by solving unique problems thru keen and creative mathematical analysis, continuous improvement methodologies and change management in a cross functional organization.
Partners with assigned value chain, network, plan, CLS and SC IT core team members to define the business opportunity, define the data analytics requirements, model the trade-off and share insights and influence decision making.
- Define the SC analytics strategy and roadmap
- Understanding the end-to-end business challenges faced by individual franchises to improve service and enable flexibility for profitable growth
- Develop the data and analytics needs to address the challenges – model the information for scenario planning, assessment and optimization
- Partner with SC leaders across segments to understand the business context and develop solutions to explore and address business questions through baseline assessment and scenario planning
- Work with SC IT to obtain and integrate information into a seamless, repeatable and consistent way
- Translate the data into information and insights – with clear scenario analysis and business impact – and execution plan to drive impact (10%)
- Continue to improve the process and methodology for analytics and modeling for such solutions – building capability within the organization (10%)
- Recruit, develop, and coach a team of data scientists and business analysts.
- Create and maintain an analytics roadmap and learning agenda, prioritized against the most important opportunities in the company and continually reprioritized as business understanding evolves.
- Continually innovate analytic capabilities that increase the quality and/or speed of insights.
- The skillset required to maximize the capability of this solution is unique. The solution requires talent with a unique blend of:
- Advanced analytical skills to master complex optimization techniques
- Strong business acumen to connect supply chain, and understand how decisions impact the different parts of our supply chain
- Proven ability to understand massive disparate data sets and transform the information into clear insights for the business
- Strong communication and influence skills to effectively translate complex analytical models into clear, succinct recommendations to stakeholders
- A bachelor in science degree in STEM OR information systems with 10+ years across different industries required
- A master’s degree in advanced supply chain or information systems with 7+ years’ experience across different industries is preferred; PhD in Operations research strongly preferred
- INFORMS certification in Analytics Professional (CAP) preferred
- Prior experience in defining analytics strategy, capability and technology partnerships required
- 5+ years in modeling and simulation required – in supply chain and manufacturing / transportation industry setting is required
- Familiarity with large datasets, and understanding of data analysis workflows is required.
- Proven communication and influence skills are required
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python, Perl, HTML5, R etc. is preferred.
- Significant exposure to modeling and simulation tools (e.g. AIMMS, Simul8) or optimization engines (e.g. C-PLEX, Gurobi) or optimization solutions (e.g. Llamasoft preferred)
- Strong supply chain consulting background preferred
- Prior experience in creating and shaping analytics organizations is preferred
- Strong understanding of Statistics as applied to data analysis and experience with statistical packages is preferred.
- Experience with data analysis, visualization and workflow software is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the processes associated with the end-to-end supply chain, including New Product Introduction (NPI), capacity planning, sourcing, manufacturing (internal and external), logistics, and service is preferred
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
United States-New Jersey-BridgewaterOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function