Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Director, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Early Development Portfolio Leader (EDPL) position directs Inflammatory Bowel Disease Area focused early compound development activities and provides strategic direction to the Compound Development Teams (CDT) while acting as a primary spokesperson and the champion for IBD driven initiatives. The EDPL plays the key role in managing the cross-functional matrix allowing for successful implementation and alignment of strategies for each assigned compound. Further, the EDPL champions the product at all levels of J&J and is responsible for managing the alignment on communication on all CDT matters, as appropriate. This position also manages external alliances, leading co-development or licensing partnerships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing multiple compounds aligned to IBD specific indications.
- Lead the development and maintenance of the compound development strategy for one or more programs within the IBD Disease Area.
- Drive the future strategy of the microbiome platform in terms of future product identity, including working with IC leads and DASL to identify new opportunities in the microbiome space by playing a lead role in ongoing diligence.
- Lead strategic alliances in the microbiome space to ensure value creation and optimal alliance performance.
- Lead the effort to develop the preclinical science and models to further characterize current microbiome development projects and support future cocktails.
- Present strategic issues and phase transition proposals at governance boards.
- Manage the complexity of internal/external development and proactively identify issues and risks while leading contingency planning at early stages of development.
- Lead decision-making by the CDT, including the potential of making final decisions when full consensus cannot be reached.
- Identify potential issues and lead contingency planning and problem-solving by applying appropriate analytical tools and techniques.
- Plan effectively to ensure CDT’s have the resources to achieve their goals.
- Develop and actively contribute to compound strategy decision-making by ensuring relevant research, analysis, and expertise.
- Mentor and coach other assigned team leaders to lead other IBD Early Development Programs as required.
- Play an active role as a member of the IBD DAS core team and IBD Interception Team.
- An advanced Degree (Ph.D., M.D., MBA) with at least 8 years of pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
- Trained microbiologist who will provide operational and scientific input to Discovery teams and external collaborators on all microbiome related projects.
- Experience in a leadership role as part of a research-driven pharmaceutical company is required
- Experience with clinical development in IBD is preferred.
- Alliance management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated influence, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to influence with clear reporting authority are required.
- Outstanding leadership, influence, and communication skills are required.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.