Utilizing advanced digital technology and an accomplished medical staff, Southern Hills Hospital
provides the communities of southwest Las Vegas with emergency and pediatric emergency services, behavioral health inpatient and outpatient programs for ages 55 and older, an accredited Chest Pain Center, a Certified Primary Stroke Center, OB-GYN and diagnostic imaging and surgical services. Southern Hills Hospital's advanced care and superior service make for better outcomes and an exceptional patient experience.
The Director of Education is responsible for the educational requirements and needs of the facility. The Director provides overall support for meeting the educational needs of staff and the provision of Continuing Education hours. The major responsibilities include the development, implementation and evaluation of educational programs, and identifying educational needs and opportunity as they arise.
The Director of Education must maintain current competency in his/her nursing skills and demonstrate knowledge of principles of growth and development over the life span, Standards of Care and Standards of Practice. The Director of Education incorporates sound education principles and processes to provide and teach safe, efficient, quality care in a positive learning environment.
The Director of Education acts as a resource and assists in problem solving and conflict resolution when necessary while maintaining a professional and effective working relationship with all members of the Health Care Team.Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BSN required
- MSN strongly preferred
- Combination of nursing and/or education preferred
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience in Education in an acute care setting
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in nursing in an acute care setting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an educator in an acute care hospital
- Demonstrated experience in leadership/ management and establishing interpersonal relationships necessary to promote an effective working environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer applications
• Current BCLS Instructor: BCLS Trainer preferred
• Current ACLS Instructor Preferred
• Diabetic Educator preferred
• Chemotherapy certification preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom