GE Digital Overview
GE (NYSE: GE) is the world's Digital Industrial Company,
transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are
connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange
of knowledge through which each business shares and accesses the same
technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels
innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people,
services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by
speaking the language of industry.
Predix is the world's first and only cloud-based operating
system built exclusively for industrial companies. It is now available for
licensing externally beyond GE across a broad range of industries to manage and
optimize both GE and non-GE assets. As the only industrial strength OS, Predix
allows for familiar, frictionless connectivity, yet offers the security,
regulation and certifications that industry demands. With 50 billion machines
expected to come online by 2020, the Industrial Internet's impact on GE, our
customers and the world is tremendous. Everything is amplified on an industrial
level. Bigger machines, bigger business, bigger issues, bigger
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Director- Education Services
Technical Support Services
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
San Ramon, Atlanta, Other
The Director, Educational Services, is a strategic role leading overall Education Services worldwide, with full ownership of business strategy, execution and financial objectives. This role will interface with multiple functional teams in the development, creation and delivery of major customer and partner business programs and services, and is a major contributor to overall success of the Services team.
The Director, Educational Services may also be responsible
for ensuring internal Power Digital Solution teams are ready to support
Learning & Development
* Directs and owns the design and execution of education
offerings and programs mapped to corporate initiatives and product/service
* Ensures effective skills development appropriate to new and
ongoing product/services and professional skills requirements - contributes as
appropriate to overall internal readiness programs.
* Support Communities of Practice and other knowledge sharing
initiatives (i.e. Communities, Mentoring, Education, etc.).
* Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices and
processes to improve the quality and efficiency of education services offered.
* Establish an evaluation rhythm to measure training
effectiveness based upon Kirkpatrick's Four-Level evaluation model.
* Design and deliver scalable solutions that include a blended
approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, 1:1 session, action
learning & e-learning, globally and in local language as appropriate.
* Partner with HR and business leaders across the globe to
identify the best learning and development approach that aligns to the
organization's strategic goals.
* Evaluate, engage and manage external partnerships/vendors to
complement the internal learning and development roadmap.
* Become quickly immersed into the company culture, working
closely with key business leaders to understand expected outcomes.
* Establish performance metrics that include tracking
information, revenue, costs, and feedback for all offerings.
* Develop and certify a global network of qualified course
* Become trusted adviser, influential business partner
throughout the entire sales, delivery and support lifecycle.
* Communicate a clear vision of the future: discuss, explain
and actively promote the vision within own team, to peers and customers.
* Motivate through inspiration and mobilize teams: create a
comfortable working environment, establish an atmosphere for discussions, seek
feedback and call for people's opinions.
* Establish relationships characterized by mutual respect and
trust: encourage individuals to broaden and make use of their network, respect
different opinions, diverse cultures and values, work to overcome
organizational boundaries and silo thinking.
* Encourage people to continuously question the status quo and
activate their creative and innovative skills: stimulate individuals to think
outside established solutions and processes.
* BA or BS required.
* Minimum 15 years of experience working within the power
industry or similar industrial environment.
* 10 or more years of solid experience in a leadership and
management role focused on services, with demonstrable focus on training and
implementation services in corporations.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for
employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Previous experience working in education services role.
* Experience developing and implementing new business programs,
strategies, and processes, communicating and rolling out to larger company
audiences, and tracking progress and impact.
* Experienced in design/development of systems and
productivity improvement processes, working across functional and cross company
* Effective internal, external and peer communicator;
interacts directly with Executive team members and senior client personnel as
* Experience managing services related to GE Digital Software.
* Experience working with 3rd party vendors and independent
* Experience with multi-lingual documentation development.
* Strong project management skills.
* Background in coaching, training, and developing people from
individual contributors to executives.
* Demonstrated experience in leading organizational change
initiatives and driving improved organizational performance.
* Experience with content development using the xAPI
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.