Director, Emerging Portfolio Strategy, Gaithersburg, MD, USA
At AstraZeneca, we have created and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. In addition to developing this pipeline using in-house capabilities, we also partner with a host of biotech companies to leverage new, disruptive technologies. As Director of Emerging Portfolio Strategy, you will be part of a high performing Early Stage (Phase 1 to 3) Oncology Team that is responsible for ensuring that the decisions we make with our early stage pipeline provides the best possible outcomes for patients.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will work with a team of cross functional experts across early stage research and development functions to create and implement robust early stage drug development strategies. You will drive the collection of meaningful, timely, and accurate data from a wide range of internal and external sources and perform detailed analyses. Your analysis and strategic advice will drive the long-term strategy for early stage projects across business units and will be the foundation for investment decisions to be made.
Your responsibilities will also encompass the development of compelling business cases for investments, and resource planning, as well as the development, evaluation and evolution of the global product strategy and positioning. You will also drive insights support and cross-portfolio analysis to develop these molecules. These will include the integration of market activity, molecule positioning, pricing and market access plans, and medical evidence planning
To achieve this, it is critical that you possess strong consultative and communication skills; as well as the ability to formulate cohesive strategic arguments and respectfully challenge a group of experts. This requires effective stakeholder and relationship management skills with the ability to interact and build trusted relationships with all levels of employees, including senior leadership.
Candidates particularly with commercially and strategically strong scientific/early drug development background or from a large advisory firm/a background in Pharmaceutical investment banking analysis are encouraged to apply. In all cases, you must be a critical thinker with experience of identifying and driving key projects and providing researched, verified, relevant information to leaders.ESSENTIALYou will have experience with:
You will be:
- Analysis and fact-based decision-making;
- Working with biotechnology data and/or a pharmaceutical environment
- A strong strategic thinker with the judgement, and skills to influence R&D and ensure strong commercial focus, set direction, generate commitment as well as balance short and long term needs;
- Commercially experienced, including pre-launch, preferably in oncology or specialty care markets;
- Very familiar with the drug development process and necessary strategic and commercial touch points.
- Understanding of general business and core marketing principles and application to future healthcare market challenges;
- Highly intellectually capable with agility and adaptability;
- Able to develop compelling financial business cases;
- Able to influence without authority and establish and maintain credibility with senior audiences;
- Resourceful, motivated, decisive and proactive; must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-growing organization
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- Educated to PhD level and potentially MBA
- Experience of setting up short and long term strategic plans;
- Understanding of clinical data and clinical trial design
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.