Location: Mountain Home, Arkansas
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Summary :
Directly and through subordinates, the Director of Engineering directs and provides technical guidance to project, process, and industrial engineers and the maintenance organization. The Director of Engineering is responsible for providing plant manufacturing capacity, process automation and optimization, and engineering support for the Plastics, Injection Molding and Device and Product Assembly areas. The Director of Engineering also provides needed support to divisional partners during new product development. Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the activities of the industrial and project engineering staffs by prioritizing projects, providing technical guidance, establishing, evaluating, and reviewing performance goals and objectives for each subordinate.
- Establish and control capital and operating budgets for the department.
- Manage the design, installation and start-up of new equipment and systems.
- Direct activities of outside engineering groups for the plant.
- Manage development of site engineering standards.
- Manage design and construction of manufacturing specialty systems.
- Insures his/her and department employee compliance with all Good Manufacturing Practices (Quality Systems Regulations), ISO 9000 Regulations, and ISO 13485 Requirements.
- Lead technological advances in systems in the plastics and device assembly areas.
- Provide support for routine, preventive, and predictive maintenance activities.
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in relevant Engineering discipline required.
- Twelve or more years of relevant technical experience.
- Several years of technical management experience including cross functional teams, resource and budget management, and strategic development experience.
- Medical Device Product Design and Launch
- Process Equipment Installations
- Manufacturing System Installations
- Project Management
- Communication skills
- Organization skills
- Ability to develop personnel
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.