• BA/BS in Business, Life Sciences, Applied Science, Mathematics to lead and support a team with technical depth for business applications
• 8 years experience in data management and governance on the business side of an organization
• MBA, MS in Business or Applied quantitative sciences discipline to lead and support a team that manages Enterprise processes that can drive business value in the commercial organization
• 3 years in technology roles enabling analytics
• Understanding of commercial analytics related fields is preferred (market research, marketing/sales analytics, forecasting, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to apply data and analyse
• Demonstrated ability to lead a high performing team in driving performance
• Hands-on experience working with big data - data lakes, data catalogs, self-service BI, and real-time data
• Strong verbal and written communication/ presentation skills
• Ability to work effectively across a matrix environment and influence without formal authority
• Ability to lead through change and inspire agility/flexibility amongst team
• Experience fostering personal development of direct reports
• Setting vision, developing and implementing data governance by which GSK, manages, analyzes and governs data. Contributing valuable perspective to key business decisions based on a comprehensive understanding across business units of the business challenges, the competitive environment, and challenges/opportunities as it relates to data management
• Lead and inspire a team of direct and indirect reports to develop data management and governance aligned with and guided by sales, marketing and payer business priorities and strategies
• Manage data as strategic asset and ensure USP analytics community has easier & quick access to quality data for use in all data driven decision making
• Develop a strong partnership with the business units and ensure the right use of data and maximize the return on investments in the data assets
• Build and foster a best in class data team that will enable all users with quality data across USP
• Foster personal development, employee engagement and enhanced organizational culture that stimulates the professional growth of all direct/indirect reports
o Sets a clear vision and purpose for the Enterprise Data Strategy and Management team based on the priorities and needs of the Enterprise
o Executes Enterprise data management and governance process consisting of business rules, quality, stewardship, governance and communication plans
o Acts as liaison, communicating through reports, meetings, and memos the best use of data in each department from business owner, to IT, all the way to the consumer
o Partners with Advanced Analytics, PCP, Immunology, Vaccines, Viiv and Payer regarding data access and appropriate tools
o Creates, implements and manages data governance standards
o Creates, monitors and manages data policies and business rules ensuring enforcement through data governance standards
o Drives overarching data quality strategy through use of industry best practices
• Automated Performance Reporting
o Ensures appropriate use of data and data quality of deliverables created by vendors (BPO)
• Third party management
o Develops data acquisition strategy and directs data acquisition and the corresponding management of contracts and SLAs
o Ownership and management of 3rd party data agreements
Breadth/ Scope of Accountability*
Provide details of any scope data relevant to the role e.g. the net sales that the role supports / generates or budget responsibility.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.