Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Develop and lead the comprehensive learning strategy for Fannie Mae - introducing enterprise-wide learning opportunities for all levels, including new joiners, associates, managers, and leadership. Create engaging learning experiences for individuals and teams, and create an enterprise learning platform that empowers employees to own their own business capability development. Ensure execution of day-to-day operations for team engaged in planning, acquiring, and/or conducting training programs that assist employees in gaining skills and subject matter knowledge specifically related to job requirements and career growth. Confer with senior leadership and divisional heads to determine training needs and set annual priorities for departments and key roles.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create a single Fannie Mae University learning architecture. Establish a clear learning methodology and framework for learning design delivery with a "train the trainer" philosophy, and onboard designated facilitators to help deliver training. Create operating model to align all non-technical learning.
- Launch a unified online learning presence for Fannie Mae. Maintain a great, simple to use learning management system with an engaging landing page. Unify all current internal online learning pages into this single platform and front-end
- Enhance our learning service offerings - develop learning programs / development tracks for specific audiences (e.g., Officers, Directors, People Managers, and Associates). Form and maintain partnership with a key strategic vendor. Refresh and expand new employee orientation so that new joiners understand our employee value proposition and have a great starting experience. Create catalogue of offerings, both internal and external.
- Create and manage an enterprise-wide learning council to inform learning strategy and planning. Form a clear development partnership model with each division and all other learning teams (e.g., business learning teams). Identify key contact for each role type to determine technical training needs.
- Maintain transparent measures for programs and partner with Procurement on selection process and standards for enterprise. Assess skill and relevance of commercial training contractors and evaluate their performance with the organization's employees. Assess and acquire resources needed to present training, specifically including teaching resources in the community who can provide standardized technology or administrative procedure courses.
- Plan a calendar of training programs for staff to utilize to improve technology skills, gain knowledge of the organization's culture, and administrative procedures, or acquire specific business knowledge relevant to the organization's lines of business.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts. Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of team. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers. Articulate goals, allocate resources, and manage workflow.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- Experience is setting an enterprise or business unit learning strategy.
- Experience in leading execution of broad learning programs and measuring impact.
- Expertise in learning design and development methodologies.
- Experience as a people manager.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.