Director is expected to: develop and implement program-level strategy; perform risk assessments and business impact analyses (BIAs); document business continuity, disaster recovery, and crisis management procedures; plan, execute, and debrief periodical mock-disaster recovery exercises; coordinate continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- Provide overall governance and direction setting of the resiliency program on an ongoing basis
- Develop, maintain, and improve the Crisis Management (CM) strategy leveraging existing efforts, best practices, and industry standards
- Develop, maintain, and improve the Business Continuity (BC) and Disaster Recovery (DR) strategy leveraging existing efforts, best practices, and industry standards (e.g., ISO 22301:2012, NIST 800-34, ANSI ASIS SPC.1-2009)
- Lead the development of CM, BC, and DR policies and procedures and ensure vendors align with program requirements and standards
- Conduct periodic business impact assessments (BIAs) to assess internal and external threats and the risk they pose to Splunk; recommend mitigation strategies to reduce or eliminate identified risks
- Conduct annual review and assessment of CM, BC, and DR plans and documentation at the program level as well as the partners vendors; this includes business resumption, recovery, restoration and disaster recovery, and crisis management plans that allows for business continuation in the event of disruptions or disasters
- Communicate CM, BC, and DR plans and ensure key staff are properly trained on roles and responsibilities in the event of disruptions or disasters
- Coordinate activities among partners vendors and ensure all documentation standards are met
- Work closely with partners vendors to ensure disaster recovery plans for critical systems and applications are consistent with the plans developed for Splunk
- Ensuring that projects obtain clear IT continuity requirements and reflect these in SLAs
- Ensuring that partners vendors produce and maintain application and infrastructure recovery plans
- Coordinate CM, BC, and DR testing programs and lead testing scenarios
- Initiate, coordinate, and execute training and awareness programs
- Develop and produce metrics to inform on the status and performance of the Enterprise Resiliency Program
- Serve as key member of [committee name] to provide status, input, and strategy for the Splunk resiliency program
- Assist in the planning of quarterly program wargames
- Be available 24 x 7 x 365 in the event of a crisis - responsible to oversee and lead crisis management protocol during a crisis, including managing bridge and key stakeholders
- A proven track record of business continuity, disaster recovery, and crisis management leadership, as well as significant subject matter expertise in each area. This position requires a methodical, detail-oriented individual with well-developed strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline (e.g., computer science, computer engineering, crisis, emergency, or risk management)
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in Business Continuity Management Disaster Recovery Crisis Management
- Experience in leading a Business Continuity Disaster Recovery Crisis Management program
- Experience planning, implementing, and supporting data replication approaches
- Experience planning, implementing, and supporting fail-over site planning including cold, warm, and hot site approaches
- Experience researching, planning, implementing, and or supporting cloud-based disaster recovery-oriented services
- Strong experience in driving program strategy and ability to communicate and influence senior business leaders, facilitate decision making, and manage key stakeholders from partners vendors
- Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Understanding of critical business processes, risks, and controls
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders of various cultures and nationalities
- Exceptional ability to remain calm under stress
- Business minded, well-organized team worker with strong problem solving and leadership skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends during a disruption disaster
- General understanding of cyber security and incident response
Education: Got it!
- BS BA, MS MA degree or equivalent work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.