The Director, EPMO Programs will build close partnerships with executives and senior leaders and will be responsible for helping scope major strategic initiatives, and then guiding their end-to-end execution from ideation through end-sate delivery to ensure business-driven results and transformative outcomes.
He/She is responsible for ensuring that all assigned programs, projects and initiatives are well defined, planned, tracked and communicated in a consistent manner. This will be achieved by partnering with the entire EPMO team to drive consistency and lead delivery excellence by ensuring compliance with methodologies and best practices.
In addition, this role is responsible for maturing our program/project capabilities to ensure the alignment of the portfolio to the company's strategic initiatives, enterprise strategy and business sector objectives.
The Director, EPMO Programs will connect technology and /or business domain programs/projects to achieve the highest level of leveraged spend, resources optimization and reuse of platforms. In addition this position will consistently capture and report program/project performance: financial, execution and value realization.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio/program of projects across various areas of the business as directed by the EPMO
- Quickly and effectively understands business strategies, challenges and priorities while collaborating with business leaders to identify and plan initiatives to translate these into programs/projects with tactical goals and objectives that are measurable
- Serves as a resource to senior executives by developing and leading internal consulting efforts around intake for executive ideas/initiatives
- Responsible for business and financial, operational and administrative aspects of program/project performance (i.e., contractual, administrative, deliverables management, program performance metrics and financial management)
- Program manage assigned strategic initiatives, critical programs/projects and work efforts to ensure scope is clear, milestones are met and measured; risks are assessed and mitigated and budget is adhered to. Acts as an escalation point and oversees audits & reviews of portfolio, program, and project execution to ensure compliance to agreed standards
- Directs, coaches and mentors assigned resources in particular Program/ Project Manager(s) and Project Administrator(s). Works with assigned resources and subject matter experts to define scope, project governance, budgets and project plans, and co-produce project artifacts such as charters and documentation needed for funding approvals
- Leads program/project turnaround efforts when projects are failing to meet commitments
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in any discipline
- Minimum 10 years of applicable experience in engagement/project leadership consulting, business strategy/new business development, program management, process engineering. And/or eCommerce/retail business experience.
- Progressive portfolio management experiences required with expert skills in the life cycle of managing projects.10+ years experience in planning and executing complex projects with multiple delivery partners/business units
- Experience in overseeing and reporting progress of large-scale programs and analyzing impact on business drivers at executive and/or board level.
- Experience in tracking project expenditures and advanced use of Excel for project/program/portfolio financial analysis
- Proven history of thriving in a fast-paced environment, while dealing with ambiguity
- Proven track record of partnering successfully with the business to deliver programs/projects and realize expected benefit
- PMP, COBIT5, SCRUM, Agile, SDLC, preferred
- Advanced in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel,PowerPoint, and Outlook. Proficient in MS Project and/or Smartsheets
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and facilitation skills including presentations to C-Suite executives, senior leadership, peer groups, and associates
- Ability to translate business strategy into functional/operational plans and apply knowledge to the critical components of the function required
- Ability to understand complex technical material and be able to ascertain business implications of technical choices required
- Strong relationship building skills, able to influence internal and external stakeholders with shared and divergent interests, function or matrix environment required
- Must have strong interpersonal/negotiation skills, including conflict resolution with senior leadership required. Ability to garner support and operate with political savvy
- Systemic thinker , fact based and analytical problem solving. Ability to develop unique and novel solutions to problems
- Consultative thought leadership. Ability to analyze and evaluate complex business, system & process opportunities
- Broad IT knowledge and background with an understanding of key technology trends and challenges
- Ability to influence
- Executive presence
- Continuous Improvement Vision
- Self motivated. Ability to deal with ambiguity and frequent changes in priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and timely (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated willingness to take a stand on important issues
- Demonstrated strong follow-through on work
- Helping approach, including listening skills, patience, respect, and empathy for another's position
- Leadership:Successfully manage different styles of employees; Provide clear direction and effective coaching
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Office Depot, Inc. is a leading global provider of products, services, and solutions for every workplace – whether your workplace is an office, home, school or car.