Director, Executive Briefing Center
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 171273BR
Provide a world-class Executive Briefing Center environment to facilitate collaboration between customers, Dell experts, and partners for customized business and technical solutions.
The Dell Executive Briefing Center (EBC) is searching for a leader for our West Coast briefing facility that can successfully develop and execute strategic plans to support the company's executive briefing and customer briefing programs. The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of developing strategic and tactical initiatives that drive standards in customer-facing while measuring and maintaining the highest customer experience. This candidate must be a passionate leader, and committed to delivering strong results and producing exceptional customer/partner experiences.
This is a fast paced, high-profile role that requires creativity, passion for details, strong verbal/written communication skills and an aptitude for building and managing a diverse team of briefing analyst and supporting staff. This position provides freedom to pilot new ideas within a campaign or customer-property framework. Success will require working closely with the Global EBC program and Director of the Americas Executive Briefing program. The prime candidate must be a strategic thinker and self-starter with tenacity for driving high quality customer briefing strategy, design and execution. Proficiency in effective cross-group collaboration, coupled with a flair for creating innovative and successful programs is a must. The successful candidate will also have the ability to resolve conflict, influence others and guide executive decision-making.
_Exemplary Execution of Roles & Responsibilities:_
• Responsible for global business development and success of Global Executive Briefing program, with the goal of supporting Dell purpose driven customer model. This role supports customers, internal stakeholders, partners and channels.
• Interact with key executives and decision makers.
• Create model and standards for customer-facing activity in the customer briefing center.
o Identify top talent for expansion and growth
• Adopt establish norms (planning phase process and intake system (SFDC) in existing and emerging sites)
• Bring to market a unique site program to enhance the customer experience and drive sales
o Develop a method for ensuring consistency and standards
_Candidate must be able to:_
• Engage effectively with Dell leadership to ensure top-down buy-in of new policies & procedures for the EBC
• Work as an integral part of a team
• Function across various segments, distilling information and providing guidance on where overlap is visible or gaps exist
• Leverage time effectively and efficiently, while working independently on large, time-sensitive projects
• Represent Dell effectively to customers through excellent oral and written communication skills
• Customer champion
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work independently while being part of a geographically dispersed team
• Proven track record and experience managing customer programs.
• 10+ years Sales and/or Marketing background preferred.
• Proven leadership skills.
• Excellent facilitation, listening and negotiation skills.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Although location is based in Santa Clara, CA there may be limited travel for group meetings, field briefings and internal meetings.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
Marketing & Communications
100 - EMC CORPORATE
US - California - Santa Clara