Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay’s Global Communications Team is seeking a Director of Executive Communications to define and drive its executive communications function within Corporate Communications. This role is responsible for evolving executive communications to further eBay’s reputation as a global commerce and technology leader. In this role, you will develop eBay’s overall executive communications strategy and operating model. You will also serve as strategic counsel to senior executives and members of the executive leadership team, planning, crafting and implementing thought leadership programs in support of eBay’s overall communications objectives. A successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of, and strong relationships with, top-tier conferences where eBay speakers can leverage the platform to further advance the company’s narrative. They must have exceptional strategic thinking skills, strong storytelling skills, and significant communications experience working with senior executives in a matrixed organization.
• Lead executive communications strategy and build an operating model to scale the program into a best-in-class executive communications function..
• Develop thought leadership platforms for senior executives to communicate eBay’s vision for commerce, its technology innovation and global commerce leadership – as well as other priorities for the company.
• Identify and secure external speaking opportunities in support of executive communications strategy.
• Craft presentations, speeches and other materials in support of key speaking engagements. Distill complex information into engaging content intendended for a variety of global audiences.
• Find ways to amplify eBay’s story through our executives at industry conferences and beyond.
• Work very closely with the Content and PR teams within Corporate Communications to proactively identify and create consistent, cohesive themes and messages that convey eBay’s vision and business priorities in a compelling and credible manner.
• Work with cross-functional teams and other members of global communications teams and external agency partners on our overall communications agenda.
• Manage and lead a team charged with driving forward executive communications at eBay.
-15+yrs communications experience partnering with VP/SVP and “C” level executives.
• Superb verbal, written, storytelling and editing skills.
• Ability to build trust and credibility with executives and provide insightful counsel.
• Deliver outstanding work with limited guidance from executives in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Ability to direct creative team to illustrate presentation concepts and bring narrative concepts to life for a live audience.
• Strong organizational and project management skills; able to handle a variety of detailed tasks simultaneously, and to work effectively and efficiently under deadlines and under pressure.
• Agility, thick skin and ability to respectfully push back on executives when needed.
• Strategic and creative thinker with strong attention to detail.
• Preferred experience working in global technology industry with executive communications experience.
• Willingness to take smart risks and lead initiatives with confidence.
• Demonstrated success collaborating with and influencing diverse business partners in a highly matrixed organization.
• Empathy, good emotional intelligence, as well as cultural sensitivity. Good sense of humor and ability to see work as fun.
• Strong leader who can successfully manage highly capable team and take function to new heights.