You are known for consistently achieving exceptional group insurance sales results, while making a lasting impression on brokers, clients and team members. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and like to push the envelope of change, while still being a trusted resource both inside and outside the corporate walls. You want to advance your career and success in a leadership role, while helping shape the strategic vision of a dynamic team, and organization, which will provide you the resources to succeed, and the autonomy to not hold you back. You have a track record of success not only in individual contributions, but also through collaborative mentorship and team management. Most importantly, you have a contagious positive attitude, a desire to make others better by helping them get to the next level of success, and a desire to want to make a true difference to those around you.
- Support the overall training and development plans, and future growth and education strategies for MetLife Expatriate benefits, while helping achieve aggressive growth targets.
- Directly mentor and manage a team developing, high-potential expat sales representatives (3-6 sales reps) to drive expanded sales within key US strategic market growth regions.
- Oversee continued development, expansion and recruitment for the expat sales trainee program throughout North America.
- Act as a strategic business partner to provide creative business thinking, and marketplace insight to North American Sales Director, and Expatriate leadership, including key internal partners within marketing, operations, distribution, underwriting and finance functional areas.
- Owns the sales relationships, and the sales process for larger/complex accounts of expat global group insurance products directly to clients, or through broker/consultant relationships, throughout multiple US regions.
- Help assigned expat sales representatives to prospect, grow and maintain strong relationships with brokers, clients and distribution partners throughout multiple US regions.
- Cross-sell, educate and develop broker and client growth strategies, with key Group Benefits US Account Executives and Management, throughout multiple US regions.
- Becomes a trusted expert in the US expatriate benefits market space and represents MetLife throughout the US as a recruiting leader at market-facing industry and networking events.
- In conjunction with the North American Sales Director, work to build and foster an effective succession planning strategy and on-going recruitment strategy for the expat sales structure.
- Support the North American Sales Director in the development of internal and external communication and educational sales initiatives throughout all of North America.
- 5-10 years previous experience successfully selling/servicing group insurance related products.
- Appropriate insurance licenses are required. Applicants who already hold any required licenses are preferred.
- All required licenses must be obtained and in good standing 120 days following date of hire.
- Brings a track record of success in managing/mentoring high-potential sales executives.
- Ability to establish and enact innovative (and outside-the-box) strategic growth and business development initiatives, which have translated into exceptional sales success.
- Brings an established reputation within the industry as a sought out, and trusted partner.
- Collaborates successfully in selling services and products to group clients.
- Proven track record of growing a book of business through product sales, prospecting efforts, upsells, and renewal support.
- Ability to promote, sell, and educate others on the following international group insurance products: Expatriate Benefits including medical, dental, pharmacy, vision, life, disability, accident and business travel products.
- Can position cross-channel product offerings, and drive education within a domestic sales distribution force.
- Strategic Account Planning - builds reciprocal relationships with clients through open communications around mutual goals.
- Provides financial consultation to client organizations while exhibiting solid financial decision making capability.
- Maturity to help resolve escalated service or sales issues in a professional and experienced manner.
- Has savvy presentation skills and competence during client finalist meetings.
- Has experience in managing all aspects of the sales cycle including prospecting, development of broker/client relationship, and closure/implementation of the sale.
- Entrepreneurial leadership and development of business initiatives to drive enhanced growth within a corporate structure.
- Global/Expatriate benefits sales and/or service experience, and knowledge of international cultures is a major asset.
- Exceptional social media skills, and creative business utilization of such, is a major asset.
- Fluency in multiple languages is a plus.
Global Expatriate Benefits
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.