The Hartford is searching for an experienced Experience Designer to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with Researchers, Product Managers and others to inspire and inform our efforts to deliver winning customer, distribution partner and employee experiences. In this newly created enterprise role, you will leverage your passion for customers and expansive Design Thinking toolkit to help our businesses understand and improve experiences in digital and adjacent interaction channels. You will also contribute to the evolution of our existing UX design capabilities towards more complete adoption of Design Thinking. This role could be based in Hartford, CT, Greater New York City, or Boston, MA.
• Identify customer research needs and participate in immersive research, concept testing, persona / scenario development and usability testing
• Recommend and facilitate Design Thinking workshops with internal stakeholders and customers - adapting approaches based on audience/participants and objectives
• Lead teams and deliverables across design phases including conceptual design/development, customer journeys, service design maps, interaction design sketches, low-fidelity prototypes, user task/interaction flows, navigation maps and storyboards
• Collaborate with visual designers, copywriters and product managers to ensure design principles and intentions are rendered within high-fidelity, customer-facing digital deliverables
• Recommend methods and tools to help team and organization establish mature, repeatable practices and design-oriented culture
• Mentor and develop talent within immediate team
• Evangelize experience thought leadership in the organization
• Expertly communicate and engage in dialogue with peers, partners and business leaders
• Minimum 6 years relevant leadership experience in product, process or experience field
• Experience working with b2c, b2b, b2b2c models, whether client-side or as a consultant
• Deep experience in digital design with understanding of technical capabilities and limitations
• Outstanding written and oral presentation skills
• Working knowledge of development processes and ROI measurement
• Fluency across multiple interaction channels - primarily digital (including mobile)
• Skill in design tools (e.g. Axure, Invision, Balsamiq, UXPin, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
• A professional, positive attitude and entrepreneurial drive.
• A strong bias for action and impact.
• At least a Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject area.
• Especially nice to have: Green Belt or Black Belt with experience in Six Sigma, Lean and other process improvement disciplines
About The Hartford: With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. The company offers a full complement of business insurance coverages, auto and home insurance, employee benefits and a family of mutual funds to help its customers prepare for the unexpected, protect what is most important to them, and prevail in the event the unexpected happens. Headquartered in Hartford, Conn., the company has approximately 17,500 employees located throughout the country. The Hartford reported 2014 revenues of $18.6 billion. Throughout its history, the company has delivered on its promises to agents, brokers and customers, insuring some of the nation's most historic construction projects, such as the Golden Gate Bridge and the Hoover Dam. The Hartford has also paid claims related to some of America's largest disasters, including the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, the San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, the September 11 terrorist attacks, and more recently, Hurricane Katrina and Storm Sandy. The Hartford's biggest competitive advantage is its employees. We hire a broad range of talented teammates from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates who share our vision to be an exceptional company celebrated for financial performance, character, and customer value. The Hartford is widely recognized for its service excellence, sustainability practices, and trust and integrity. The company has been recognized by:
• Human Rights Campaign as a 2015 Best Place to work for LGBT Equality (2009-2015)
• Dow Jones Sustainability Index as a leader in corporate sustainability (2014)
• Carbon Disclosure Project on the 2014 Climate Leadership Index (2014)
• GI Jobs as a 2014 Military Friendly Employer (2010-2014)
• Military Times Edge as a 2015 "Best for Vets" Employer (2010-2015)
• Ethisphere Institute as a "World's Most Ethical Company" (2008-2012, 2014, 2015)
• U.S. EPA with the annual Climate Leadership Award (2014-2015)
Visit our website to learn more about The Hartford's recognition. More information about the company and its product offerings is available at www.thehartford.com. Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford. The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD