West Houston Medical Center - Houston, TX
Director - Facilities Management
West Houston Medical Center
has been offering exceptional care to the West Houston community for 30 years. With more than 1,200 members on our care team and 400 of the region's most talented doctors, we are able to provide nationally-recognized quality care.
Our hospital in Houston provides a wide range of services, several of which are nationally accredited or affiliated:
West Houston Medical Center
- Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery
- Breast Center
- Cancer Treatment
- Cardiovascular Center
- Diabetes Management
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Emergency Medicine
- Senior Care
- Sleep Disorder Center
- Women's Services
- Wound Healing
is currently looking for a Director - Facilities ManagementResponsibilities:
- Supports the philosophy of West Houston Medical Center by facilitating cooperation of hospital staff in a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care, presentation to general public, physicians and community leaders.
- Adheres to dress code, arrives to work on time and initiates work in a timely manner.
- Consistently provides outstanding service to all patients, physicians, fellow employees, and guests.
- Displays initiative to see processes through to completion and offers assistance without being asked.
- Maintains awareness of own limitations and seeks guidance from appropriate personnel as needed.
- Prioritizes work activities of self based on demands for service.
- Remains alert to the detection of errors in own work and the work of others with appropriate corrective actions initiated.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient rights, including those pertaining to confidentiality, informed decision-making, and privacy.
- Is aware of resources available for ethical concerns and makes appropriate referrals.
- Practices cost-efficiently.
- Utilizes principles of infection control at all times.
- Assumes overall responsibility to develop, execute, and evaluate tactics which will ensure growth and support of all service areas.
- Assumes leadership role to enhance financial strength of Kingwood Medical Center.
- Assumes leadership role in the community.
- Supports physician partnership development between physician and service areas.
- Provides team leadership and coordinates all aspects of the Plant Operations Department.
- Integrates and utilizes innovation and CQI to continuously improve departmental and hospital services.
- Performs technical skills proficiently in accordance with established standards, as evidenced by
- Annual validation processes.
- Takes an active leadership role in market wide initiatives as they may apply to respective department or hospital.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure smooth operations.
- Conducts employee interviewing, hiring, and termination processes.
- Assumes responsibility to address issues of concern with employees, including verbal and/or written counseling for poor performance and/or behavior.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent in education and experience required.
- Previous supervisory experience in facilities management and engineering.
- Three (3) years experience as Engineering/Maintenance director in a healthcare facility.
- Requires comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local standards and codes; and regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints for all trades.
- Stationary Engineers License within 6 months of employment
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom