Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Director, Federal Affairs, Pharmaceuticals. This position is located in Washington, DC and requires up to 25% travel.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director, Federal Affairs will be responsible to develop, implement and direct federal lobbying activities in support of the corporation’s pharmaceutical business legislative and policy priorities primarily focused on Janssen, J&J’s Global pharmaceutical business.
A key component of the position is to represent the corporation both internally and externally on federal affairs matters relating to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Food and Drug Administration, congressional relations, Administration outreach, relevant trade associations and affiliated patient and physician stakeholder organizations. Some of the official assignments may also require coordination with additional business partners including the medical device and consumer operations within the Enterprise.
The Director, Federal Affairs will work internally and externally on matters relating to the specific pharmaceutical business in collaboration with specific franchises as well as represent federal affairs on numerous broader-based healthcare issues and activities. He or she will also work on health care policy and corporate priority assignments within US Government Affairs as determined by managers, such as building relationships with identified stakeholders i.e.: congressional caucuses, patient, physician and other professional societies and stakeholder organizations.
This position requires the incumbent to interact with internal J&J colleagues including US Government Affairs, International, Health Policy Group, J&J Corporate Communications, Law, J&J operating company and Corporate personnel and senior management. External customers including: Members of the US Congress, Administration, state officials and additional J&J customers. This position will report to the Executive Director, Federal Affairs, Pharmaceuticals.Qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- An MBA, Masters, JD and/or equivalent graduate degree is preferred with concentration in healthcare policy, political science, communications or business administration preferred.
- A proven record of success in policy development and advocacy is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in government affairs or public policy is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of health policy experience is required.
- Thorough knowledge of communications, Federal and/or State government policy and legislative process is required.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with exceptional initiative and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written skills are required.
- This position is located in Washington DC, and requires up to 25% travel.
United States-District of Columbia-WashingtonOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.